Building Scheduler Contact Info

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
thansmann

Building Scheduler Contact Info

Post by thansmann »

We have a new Building Scheduler and this sister's contact info is a different name and email than her husband's. When we change her email, it correctly changes that on the old website (though it's not instantaneous, of course). When we change her phone number, it does nothing. I've even tried removing any household contact information and leaving their info as individual contact info. It doesn't appear to be working, unless it takes more than several hours to update from Send/Receive in MLS. Her husband keeps getting her calls for this, so it's kind of annoying to them.

I actually can't find her info as Building Scheduler on the new website, though in the directory on the new website, that's up-to-date.

Any ideas as to why it won't update her phone number, though it will update her email?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

thansmann wrote:Any ideas as to why it won't update her phone number, though it will update her email?

I know that in our stake, the building scheduler's individual phone number shows up on the Conflicts area of the Create Event page. The member should be able to update her individual number on the new Directory, or a clerk could do it in MLS. Note that changes in MLS do indeed take several hours to propagate to the new Directory, so don't base your testing on instantaneous results.

However, one thought comes to mind that might explain the issue. In her profile on the new Directory, did she uncheck the box for "Show in Ward Directory"? I'm guessing that if her individual phone number is hidden there, it will similarly be hidden in the Calendar, thus leaving the Calendar to fall back on the Household number. So you might want to check out that possibility.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Are you talking about difficulties getting her phone number to show up correctly on the OLD site? I had similar issues and after reporting it I was told it was a known bug. After hearing enough complaints about people getting wrong number calls I finally masked ALL our membership data on the old site, thereby forcing everyone to use the current (and correct!) information on http://www.lds.org.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”