LUWS No Longer Being Updated by CHQ

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:That's far more reasonable.

Looking back, what we haven't confirmed is that he's in his new ward. I wonder, by chance, he might have ended up in the "Address Unknown" file. Or perhaps a stake that's not on LUWS.

According to the member who called me on the phone he has checked with his ward clerk and has confirmed that his records are there.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

It is true that there is no new additions to the code for LUWS happening, the process for updating membership records is automatic and to my knowledge should still work as it always has. If anyone knows of any specific incidents where this is not happening, please PM me with details and I will look into it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ChildsDJ wrote:It is true that there is no new additions to the code for LUWS happening, the process for updating membership records is automatic and to my knowledge should still work as it always has. If anyone knows of any specific incidents where this is not happening, please PM me with details and I will look into it.

I just called MLS Support - again. This time I was told that the site should
work as bad as it ever did. chuckle:)
The classic web site is still functional and updates are still performed automatically. I apologize for my earlier comments about the site not being updated, but that was clearly what I was told. Obviously, the fellow to whom I first spoke was misinformed.

The solution to my problem will be handled by a programmer and the site will be refreshed, which should resolve my lingering member issue.
cognifloyd

Post by cognifloyd »

I saw some church representatives recruiting people at institute for a new tech support call center. It seems they are in the process of moving from Provo to downtown Salt Lake City. I suspect that not everyone has been completely trained and understands everything quite yet. Give them some slack when some tech support people say some odd things - They're probably brand new. ;)
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

techgurufloyd wrote:I saw some church representatives recruiting people at institute for a new tech support call center. It seems they are in the process of moving from Provo to downtown Salt Lake City. I suspect that not everyone has been completely trained and understands everything quite yet. Give them some slack when some tech support people say some odd things - They're probably brand new. ;)

Tech support does a wonderful job, given the wide variety and number of calls. I have nothing but praise for their efforts. My original post was not to complain, but rather to bring up a possible situation which would cause a great deal of confusion. The issue that I had first mentioned has been resolved and the left-over member has been removed from the classic (LUWS) web site.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”