Message this morning: "Your stake is not particpating in this program"

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

opee wrote:If you are an admin and can't get in, how can another "admin" get into the system to add you back in? I am also locked out... :confused:
Apparently (according to them) only some of the admins got kicked out. One of the remaining ones should be able to add you back in.

You do have a backup, right?
opee

Post by opee »

RussellHltn wrote: You do have a backup, right?

Fortunately so, just have not checked with them to see if they can access it. I will see.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This was not a planned outage. This appears to lose some admins when there are database problems. If there is any way possible to have another admin add you back in as an admin, do it. Until there is a better idea of all issues the admin problem may or may not be resolved.
jworkin-p40

Post by jworkin-p40 »

Thanks for the info everyone. I had to get one of our other admins to add me back in.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

From a previous episode of this, it seems that when LUWS is down it resets the system so that only one admin is left as admin. Maybe a "feature" to make sure that only the current admins are actually listed. I don't remember if it was the last admin added or the first admin in the system, but it can be very annoying.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:From a previous episode of this, it seems that when LUWS is down it resets the system so that only one admin is left as admin.
We have 3 stake admins and only I was bumped. I used to be the "oldest" since I'm the sole survivor of a SP change, but since I've been dropped before, I'm sure this time around I was the "youngest".

I tried to get in last night. I don't know if the others did or not. I'm not sure what the pattern is for getting dropped. I am last on the list alphabetically.
opee

Post by opee »

RussellHltn wrote:We have 3 stake admins and only I was bumped. I used to be the "oldest" since I'm the sole survivor of a SP change, but since I've been dropped before, I'm sure this time around I was the "youngest".

I tried to get in last night. I don't know if the others did or not. I'm not sure what the pattern is for getting dropped. I am last on the list alphabetically.

I was dropped last night and got reinstated by another admin. It looks like no one else was dropped. I was (1) not the "youngest", (2) 2nd to last alphabetically in the list of admins, and (3) tried to login last night. Maybe (3) has something to do with dropping the admin...
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

opee wrote:I was dropped last night and got reinstated by another admin. It looks like no one else was dropped. I was (1) not the "youngest", (2) 2nd to last alphabetically in the list of admins, and (3) tried to login last night. Maybe (3) has something to do with dropping the admin...
Actually, I think you are right. It seems if you try to login during the outage, you lose your admin rights. At least, that's what I remember from someone else bringing up this problem on some other thread...
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

In that case we have a temp solution... Have your spouse log in (who is a normal user), if they can log in then it is safe to log in as admin, otherwise keep on polling the site using your spouse's login.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thedqs wrote:In that case we have a temp solution... Have your spouse log in (who is a normal user), if they can log in then it is safe to log in as admin, otherwise keep on polling the site using your spouse's login.
You would have to first login as the spouse every time though, because you cannot foresee when the outage will be...

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”