Email Broadcast on New Site?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:
There's nothing you need to do inside of MLS to make this work; the bug will have to be fixed by the development team. Of course, having accurate email addresses in MLS will improve the distribution of any broadcast messages. A clerk can enter those in MLS, or members can update email addresses themselves using the new Directory on lds.org.
I think you have just answered a question I have had on the new email broadcast If I am reading you correctly, anyone with a correct email address in MLS will receive a broadcast, and not just registered members, and any changes or additions to email addresses on the new directory will show on the MLS. If all this is correct, this is a terrific boost to the broadcast system... Now if we can just get the bugs out and get people to list their addresses.
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

When ever they come out with a new email broadcast system I will eagerly and happily use it but, until then the old broadcaster still works for most of my stake needs.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

The old one works as long as you continue to keep the old web sites updated with your leadership information. That is the beauty of the new system. Update callings in MLS once and you can send the emails to your leadership. Now if they just figure out a way to let us send to leaders that have opted out of communications and the bugs in the system get worked out. It's still a trade-off.
Jason Hyer
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jtboswell wrote:
The new system has a number of links, including "Entire Adult", "Entire Membership". When I click on those, I get 2 people.
I know some areas of the world have an "opt in" requirement on email as the default- for privacy. If this were the case in your area, each member would have to specifically choose to allow you to send messages to them by their choices. These are governmental laws the church is trying to abide by, and I believe each area presidency selects for their area. In my area in the US, it is the reverse.
pierce1of5

Post by pierce1of5 »

jasonhyer wrote:The old one works as long as you continue to keep the old web sites updated with your leadership information. That is the beauty of the new system. Update callings in MLS once and you can send the emails to your leadership. Now if they just figure out a way to let us send to leaders that have opted out of communications and the bugs in the system get worked out. It's still a trade-off.
I'm a LUWS admin I was trying to update the classic site leadership and it would just remove the prior person in the calling and wouldn't allow an update. So after making a mess of the callings I just removed all the callings from the classic site so everyone would need to go to current lds.org LUWS for leadership info.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”