Ward Website Calendar Issue

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
willia1j

Ward Website Calendar Issue

Post by willia1j »

I am a ward website administrator and several members in my ward are having difficulty with the calendar. Here are the comments they have sent me:
I'm having a hard time viewing the ward calendar as the page continues to reload and reload, thus not allowing me to view the month ahead. This hasn't been a problem before.

The Ward calendar website is not working and hasn't for some time now. It continuously refreshes and does not allow for selecting anything. I have talked to other members who have also had the calendar continuously refreshing thus preventing the user from clicking on any options, such as the next month’s calendar or even submitting new events. Please forward to the Church's web department to look into the problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how this problem might be resolved?
Is this a known issue at Church Headquarters?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

willia1j wrote:I am a ward website administrator and several members in my ward are having difficulty with the calendar. Here are the comments they have sent me:

Do you have any suggestions on how this problem might be resolved?
Is this a known issue at Church Headquarters?
You didn't indicate which calendar you are having problems with. As we have two - the current LUWS calendar, and the one in beta at http://new.lds.org, you need to specify which one.

I just checked the one in beta and it's working fine. I noticed no continuous re-loading.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

willia1j wrote:The Ward calendar website is not working and hasn't for some time now. It continuously refreshes and does not allow for selecting anything. I have talked to other members who have also had the calendar continuously refreshing thus preventing the user from clicking on any options, such as the next month’s calendar or even submitting new events. Please forward to the Church's web department to look into the problem.
I've never heard of this. I assume you're talking about the current LUWS on lds.org, and not the new calendar on new.lds.org. I use the calendar all the time, but just to be sure, I just checked our ward calendar in IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, and it worked just fine, with no hint of problems as you described.

Have you ever seen this yourself, or is it only reported by some members? Do other members report that it is working fine? Is there any pattern to which browsers they are using?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”