Export Stake Calendar to MS Outlook 2007

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
bgmccune-p40

Export Stake Calendar to MS Outlook 2007

Post by bgmccune-p40 »

Hello. I am new to these forums and this is my first posting.

I am trying to export our stake's calendar - as either an ical or a vcal file - into MS Outlook 2007. I was able to do this last year without any problems. This year, however, I receive multiple send/receive error messages in Outlook. All of the error messages occur because I have not set end times in the stake calendar in the Stake & Wards website. I have searched in vain for a solution to this problem. I even tried a workaround with Google Calendar, where I first export the ical file into Google Calendar and then import the Google Calendar into MS Outlook. The problem with this workaround is that Google Calendar automatically sets events to 1 hour long. This clearly will not work.

In any event, I would greatly appreciate a solution to what seems to be a bug with the Church's export function with the stake calendar.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance.

- bgmccune
harrysamuel

Post by harrysamuel »

Hello. I am new to these forums as well. I would like to also add my stakes contact information into Microsoft Outlook 2003. I would think these two questions are related. Any really tech guys that could help?

Thanks in advance Harry Samuel
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

harrysamuel wrote:Hello. I am new to these forums as well. I would like to also add my stakes contact information into Microsoft Outlook 2003. I would think these two questions are related. Any really tech guys that could help?
The calendar and directory aren't really related in this regard, but I'll give it a try.

You can export your ward's directory from the new directory on lds.org. You can't export for any other wards.

The result is a CSV file. You can take that into a spreadsheet app, remove unneeded columns, and change the column headers into Outlook-friendly names. Then save as CSV and import into Outlook.

Sounds complicated? Yes, it is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”