BUG - Missionary

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Understandable, I just remember with some other sites, I'd submit a bug and it seemed nothing happened, but if they even sent me an auto-generated e-mail I still appreciated it, since I knew they got it, at least. (Could even include the ticket number for later reference when calling the desk service)
- David
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:Please note: This issue was already reported earlier this year through the LUWS support phone line.

Earlier yesterday, fixes to the admin tool to add/edit missionary data were launched. This tool should be fully functional now.

It's still not working. We have two different companionships in our ward. Three in one and two in another. One of the three got transferred to another ward and I just now tried to delete him from the companionship and it wouldn't let me do it. (If you're wondering how I have three elders in a companionship, after I enter the first elder's last name, in the same box I type a comma and then "Elder Smith &" and then in the next row, enter the 3rd elder's last name) It kept giving me a message that I needed to specify Elder or Sister, which they were checked as Elder, but the other companionship that I was not trying to change was appearing there as well and they were not checked, so when I check the Elder boxes, then the other companionship's Elder boxes would clear. It seems like long time ago when you were editing one companionship, only that companionship appeared, now all of the companionships appear even though you only want to edit one of them. Maybe that's the problem.

Just thought I'd let you know that it still needs some work.

Thanks
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

margiestroble wrote:It's still not working. We have two different companionships in our ward. Three in one and two in another. One of the three got transferred to another ward and I just now tried to delete him from the companionship and it wouldn't let me do it. (If you're wondering how I have three elders in a companionship, after I enter the first elder's last name, in the same box I type a comma and then "Elder Smith &" and then in the next row, enter the 3rd elder's last name) It kept giving me a message that I needed to specify Elder or Sister, which they were checked as Elder, but the other companionship that I was not trying to chang e was appearing there as well and they were not checked, so when I check the Elder boxes, then the other companionship's Elder boxes would clear. It seems like long time ago when you were editing one companionship, only that companionship appeared, now all of the companionships appear even though you only want to edit one of them. Maybe that's the problem.

Just thought I'd let you know that it still needs some work.

Thanks

The changes made previously to the missionary admin page did fix the problem for new records, but for existing records, some of the underlying data needed to be updated. I have updated your unit's records and will be correcting any other units that also had this issue.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

BillyBoJimBob wrote: I have updated your unit's records and will be correcting any other units that also had this issue.
It's fixed! It let me delete the one elder that was transferred! YEAH :) So, how did you know what my unit is to be able to fix it, or did you just do a global fix?

At any rate, I really appreciate it very much! It was much easier to delete the one elder than have to delete the whole companionship and then re-enter the new info. That's what I had to do last time before any of it was fixed.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

margiestroble wrote:It's fixed! It let me delete the one elder that was transferred! YEAH :) So, how did you know what my unit is to be able to fix it, or did you just do a global fix?

At any rate, I really appreciate it very much! It was much easier to delete the one elder than have to delete the whole companionship and then re-enter the new info. That's what I had to do last time before any of it was fixed.

Admins, much like magicians, don't usually reveal their ways... :)
It will take more time to do it globally.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:Admins, much like magicians, don't usually reveal their ways... :)
It will take more time to do it globally.
Okay, I can accept that answer :)

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”