Unit Orginization Pages

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd approach that from a different angle. Use user preferences to select what people see on their own calendar. One needs to keep in mind some complexities. A RS event that's open to the whole ward should be seen by everyone. But a RS event for only the sisters should only been seen by those who want to see it. (Married men may want to see it - they need to know when to watch the kids.)

You do NOT want to create multiple calendars where you have to go to different pages to see what events apply to you. Things will fall though the cracks. However, a single calendar that can be filtered would be fantastic. Oh, yes. And apply the filter to the download - so I don't download a bunch of Primary activities to my Palm.

However, I would add one feature - when you click on "add an event", you'd see ALL the events so you'd know of any conflict before submitting.

I would love a filter--even though right now it would include: Pri, YW, activity days girls, boy scouts, YSA, RS, and SA to cover my household. LOL! Being able to choose what I want to see (and revise it) would be a godsend.

The first thing that I would turn off is all of the Utah events that have no impact on my life.

Including the conflict warning is a great idea, too. As you can tell from my current preferred list, there are plenty of time & place conflicts just waiting to happen in my family!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”