Favicon in LUWS Calendar

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
epoulin-p40

Favicon in LUWS Calendar

Post by epoulin-p40 »

I get the old Netscape icon rather than the usual Christus in my browser as the favicon. Is this intentional?
Eric Poulin
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I've seen that happen for those who are admins. Are you currently a stake or ward administrator?
epoulin-p40

Not Just Admin

Post by epoulin-p40 »

Yes I am a Bishop, so I've given myself admin authority. However, I am not on the administrator page.
I had my wife try to login also (she is not an admin) and noticed that the Netscape favicon is ever-present on the LUWS session, not just in the calendar..
This should be an easy fix.
Eric Poulin
HaleDN
Church Employee
Church Employee

Netscape icon

Post by HaleDN »

This probably doesn't have anything to do with what role you have in LUWS, unless the developers who work on this have modified this specifically.

I know that all of lds.org isn't on the new servers which occurred when the new lds.org site launched recently. There aren't many indications of which pages are on which servers because the developers have been slowly modifying the old pages to have the new look to them, but this is one of the most obvious indicators. (I still see some of the old page formats from time to time) There is so much on the old servers that it will be some time before everything is moved over.
epoulin-p40

Servers or Code

Post by epoulin-p40 »

I'm not sure this would be a deployment issue regarding which server the code is on.
This type of error, in my experience is simply the JSPs are pointing to the wrong favicon. file.
Is the same code running on new servers showing a different favicon?
Eric Poulin
HaleDN
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by HaleDN »

Apparently the pages on the old servers haven't been modified to point to the new icon file.
ShirtsDre

LUWS on old servers

Post by ShirtsDre »

100% of the Stake and Ward Web Sites (LUWS) section of lds.org is on the old servers. It will not be slated for redesign for some time. I can check into getting the Christus favicon working for it though. It has not been deemed a high priority, but you are right: It should be an easy fix.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
ShirtsDre

On old secure servers

Post by ShirtsDre »

It would appear that this only happens when on a secure url (e.g. [url]https://secure.lds.org....)[/url].
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”