How does one begin using the new LUWS?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
cree8tor-p40

How does one begin using the new LUWS?

Post by cree8tor-p40 »

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out how a Stake begins using the new LUWS? I've seen some snapshots and I'm encouraged by the progress out there. I just can't seem to find something that tells me how we start the process of activating it for our Stake! :)

Thanks for the help!

Cody
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cree8tor wrote:I'm interested in finding out how a Stake begins using the new LUWS?
Simple. Your stake president makes the request to the priesthood support line (x23500) and identifies the name and e-mail address of the person who will be the first stake LUWS administrator. It all rolls out from there.

LUWS is not new, though. And if you are talking about the LUWS you may have seen in a development area, it will be rolled out to everyone using the current LUWS when it is ready for release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If your stake doesn't have LUWS, then lajackson is correct. If you're talking about the one under development - you can't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cree8tor-p40

Post by cree8tor-p40 »

Thanks guys!

I guess I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the currently available local unit website (which we already have active) and what seems to be in discussion quite a bit on this board. Is there a Beta or something newer than what you normally find/setup on the stake/ward websites link on lds.org?

My question stems from a situation where our ward's RS had a website that our Bishop had to ask be discontinued (due to several problems with posts, access, policy, etc.) We have attempted to begin using the lds.org ward site, but user adoption is extremely low because it is quite a bit less useful to the auxiliaries and quorums.

I was *hoping* that there was a Beta version of the project that launched in April of 09.

Thanks for your help to this Newb!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's a sandbox version where they are testing the software, but no beta that wards and stake can use (that I know of).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Qhere are the snapshots you can see over the internet? I believe it's interesting to some of us too, and I'm interestedd in do a look on it.
ihenpecked

New LUWS

Post by ihenpecked »

Here's the response I got from the church involving the calendar currently in labs.

The next release for the new local unit calendar is set to release Jan 27th through beta.lds.org (open to all ... english only at first, followed by additional languages) - we're pushing hard to hit that date
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ihenpecked wrote:Here's the response I got from the church involving the calendar currently in labs.

The next release for the new local unit calendar is set to release Jan 27th through beta.lds.org (open to all ... english only at first, followed by additional languages) - we're pushing hard to hit that date
Does anyone know how this will work? Will it automatically be a part of the current LUWS or will we have to open it separately? And will the events on our "old" calendar migrate automatically? I know, I know that these questions will all be answered tomorrow....... But with the big Apple "show 'n tell" and the calendar, it could be a really exciting day!
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:Does anyone know how this will work? Will it automatically be a part of the current LUWS or will we have to open it separately? And will the events on our "old" calendar migrate automatically?
I almost posted the same question - will our current events be automatically migrated over? I would assume that the answer to this would be yes, but I honestly do not know. Does anyone?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
ihenpecked

Just guessing here

Post by ihenpecked »

Looking at the new lds.org in labs, links to calendar and directory are included along with your current callings. At some point, I believe this will all be linked together. I've asked for an updated timeline to see if the beta calendar will be still be released tomorrow or not.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”