Individual Email Address Synchronization

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
coloradotechie-p40

Individual Email Address Synchronization

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

I'm sorry if this has already been covered or if this is posted in the wrong forum...

I'm in the middle of updating EVERY individual email address in MLS with information that each auxiliary has (RS, EQ 1, EQ 2, HPG, etc).

However, it seems those changes aren't syncing with the LUWS yet (and I thought they were going to based on the message I received in MLS).

Should I continue updating everyone's individual email address in MLS and trust that it will sync within the month, or should I wait? :eek:

Thanks~!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

coloradotechie wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been covered or if this is posted in the wrong forum...

I'm in the middle of updating EVERY individual email address in MLS with information that each auxiliary has (RS, EQ 1, EQ 2, HPG, etc).

However, it seems those changes aren't syncing with the LUWS yet (and I thought they were going to based on the message I received in MLS).

Should I continue updating everyone's individual email address in MLS and trust that it will sync within the month, or should I wait? :eek:

Thanks~!
Actually, you misunderstood what the MLS message was saying. The message stated that email addresses stored in LDSAccount profiles will be propagating down to the Individual Email Address fields in MLS sometime this month. The LDSAccount system is the one used to authenticate with LUWS, but LUWS actually has it's own profile system where email addresses can be stored there as well. Also, email addresses in MLS are not transmitted to any other Church system, so those email addresses are only helpful in regard to MLS-based reports.

Hope this clears up everything.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

You can also see this thread for further details on the subject:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4233
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

coloradotechie wrote:I'm in the middle of updating EVERY individual email address in MLS with information that each auxiliary has (RS, EQ 1, EQ 2, HPG, etc).

The MLS message announced that LDS Account e-mail addresses would be pushed to MLS to update individual e-mail addresses. This was discussed in the thread LDS Account E-mail to MLS .

Any efforts to manually update an individual e-mail address within MLS will be overwritten when the push (synchronization) happens. This will only happen for those members having an LDS Account. Those not registered with LDS Account will not be affected. As reported by a Church employee in the thread mentioned above the push will not be just a one time event either but occur as needed or some yet to be disclosed interval.

As of now there is no change in the LUWS e-mail address. The only way the LUWS e-mail address can be changed is for members to edit their address through the Update Profile link on the unit website. There is no systems interface, electronic link, or synchronization between the MLS e-mail address and the LUWS address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coloradotechie-p40

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

I am going to post my replies in the other thread... this thread can be closed/locked so there is less confusion.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

coloradotechie wrote:I am going to post my replies in the other thread... this thread can be closed/locked so there is less confusion.
Good suggestion. The thread is now closed. Any follow-up posts on this topic should be done in the thread LDS Account E-mail to MLS, or a new thread where appropriate.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”