Stake events are not being copied to the Ward Calendar

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
psnarula

Stake events are not being copied to the Ward Calendar

Post by psnarula »

Some stake events are copied to the ward calendars but the great majority of them are not. Does the Stake have to do something special to push stake events to the ward calendars? Why would some of them be viewable from the ward calendar but not all of them? May 2010 has 18 Stake Calendar items. Wards see only five of them. What's going on?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

psnarula wrote:Some stake events are copied to the ward calendars but the great majority of them are not. Does the Stake have to do something special to push stake events to the ward calendars?
Yes, when an event is created for the stake calendar there is an option to include that event in any of the wards/branches. To do so the ward/branch for which the event should appear should be checked in the "Ward Display Information" section when submitting a stake calendar event or when the administrator approves the event. Any stake administrator can change this at any time.
psnarula wrote:Why would some of them be viewable from the ward calendar but not all of them?
Any or all of the wards/branches may be selected to have the event displayed on the unit calendar(s).
psnarula wrote:May 2010 has 18 Stake Calendar items. Wards see only five of them. What's going on?
If there are events on the stake calendar that you want displayed on your ward calendar just send a message to the web administrator asking him to add your ward as one of the units to display that event. You can send a message by clicking the "Feedback" link at the top of your ward website. Make sure that you are on your ward web site and not the stake website when you click the "Feedback" link. The stake "Feedback" link sends a message to Church headquarters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The stake "Feedback" link sends a message to Church headquarters.
Only if you are logged in as admin (green screen).

"Feedback" for users send the email to the site admin.
"Feedback" for admins sends it one level up. (Ward -> Stake, Stake -> CHQ)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Only if you are logged in as admin (green screen).

"Feedback" for users send the email to the site admin.
"Feedback" for admins sends it one level up. (Ward -> Stake, Stake -> CHQ)
The hazards of being an admin for so long. :rolleyes:
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

Okay thanks for the help with this. I actually did see the "Feedback" link but it was going to send an email to somebody in the Stake that I had never heard of. Today at church that person was called as the new Stake Clerk. I guess I have some work for him to do.
jeromer7

One Stake's Perspective

Post by jeromer7 »

psnarula wrote:Why would some of them be viewable from the ward calendar but not all of them?
Previous posts explained the mechanics of what is happening. I can't speak for your stake, but can offer some explanation on why I don't mark all stake items to be viewed at the ward level (I'm a Stake Clerk and primary Stake Web Admin).
Example 1: Each ward/branch conference is listed on the stake calendar. Each is marked to be displayed on the appropriate unit calendar. Rationale: Ward A needs to have their ward conference listed, but has no real need to have conferences for all other wards on its calendar. If someone wants to know when Ward B conference is, they can easily go to the stake calendar.
Example 2: All meetings for stake PEC, Stake Council, Stake Welfare, Bishopric Training, etc, are on the stake calendar, but are not marked for ward/branch calendars. Rationale: These meetings do not affect the general ward/branch population.
There are other examples, but these should give you the picture. And, as always, different stakes will have different approaches, this just represents one stake's perspective.
JLR
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JLRose wrote: Example 1: Each ward/branch conference is listed on the stake calendar. Each is marked to be displayed on the appropriate unit calendar. Rationale: Ward A needs to have their ward conference listed, but has no real need to have conferences for all other wards on its calendar. If someone wants to know when Ward B conference is, they can easily go to the stake calendar.

Example 2: All meetings for stake PEC, Stake Council, Stake Welfare, Bishopric Training, etc, are on the stake calendar, but are not marked for ward/branch calendars. Rationale: These meetings do not affect the general ward/branch population.
That describes my stakes approach as well. OTOH, stake activities that do affect a large group ofmembers, are pushed down to all the ward. Things like Stake PH meeting, YSA Fireside, Tri-stake Youth dance, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”