Uploading Pics to LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
User avatar
kalnius
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 am
Location: California, USA

Uploading Pics to LUWS

Postby kalnius » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 am

I am trying to upload a picture of our chapel to our LUWS main page, but I keep getting an error message that my image is larger than 135 x 180. This keep happening even after re-editing the image several times in edit imaging software. I know that the image is under dimensions specifed.

What do I do - any ideas?:eek:

User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Postby Mikerowaved » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:13 am

As mentioned in the Wiki, there's also a size limitation, depending on where it's placed. Could your picture be over the size limit, even though the dimensions are correct?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 am

Also note that unlike some other LUWS pictures, which can be portrait or landscape, the image for the main page can be no more than 135 pixels high and 180 pixels wide. So 135x180 works, but 180x135 does not.

birdld-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:06 am

Postby birdld-p40 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 am

Ozzy wrote:I am trying to upload a picture of our chapel to our LUWS main page, but I keep getting an error message that my image is larger than 135 x 180. This keep happening even after re-editing the image several times in edit imaging software. I know that the image is under dimensions specifed.

What do I do - any ideas?:eek:



There is actually a LUWS bug that is keeping many units from posting pictures. We've received many calls here about the issue. Programmers are looking into it.

psnarula
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany

Postby psnarula » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:28 pm

The upload photo site says:

Please note that not more than 100 photos can be posted per news item and not more than 1000 total photos can be posted on your web site.

It is not clear to me how to upload more than one photo to a single news item. Please clarify.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

psnarula wrote:The upload photo site says:

Please note that not more than 100 photos can be posted per news item and not more than 1000 total photos can be posted on your web site.

It is not clear to me how to upload more than one photo to a single news item. Please clarify.
Each photo is added one at a time. When you click the "Add Photo" button the photo identified in the "Photo:" text box will be added to the news item. You will see a list of photos for the news item just below the "Add Photo" button. To the left of each photo is a "Remove" link to delete that photo from the list of photos for the news item. Until you add a photo the tabular list of photos will not be there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

User avatar
kalnius
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 am
Location: California, USA

Postby kalnius » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 am

birdld wrote:There is actually a LUWS bug that is keeping many units from posting pictures. We've received many calls here about the issue. Programmers are looking into it.



Well, that makes sense then. Actually, I am now able to upload it for some reason.
Thanks!

User avatar
kalnius
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 am
Location: California, USA

Postby kalnius » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks for all the great help - guys.

dwh33
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:25 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Postby dwh33 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I have been loading pictures for the past few years and all of a sudden mine will not load. They fit the specified file size and dimensions, but just do not load. Suggestions?

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:13 pm

dwh33 wrote:I have been loading pictures for the past few years and all of a sudden mine will not load. They fit the specified file size and dimensions, but just do not load. Suggestions?
This is a reported problem discussed in the thread Trouble loading photos. They are working on the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?


Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest