Uploading Pics to LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
kalnius

Uploading Pics to LUWS

Post by kalnius »

I am trying to upload a picture of our chapel to our LUWS main page, but I keep getting an error message that my image is larger than 135 x 180. This keep happening even after re-editing the image several times in edit imaging software. I know that the image is under dimensions specifed.

What do I do - any ideas?:eek:
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

As mentioned in the Wiki, there's also a size limitation, depending on where it's placed. Could your picture be over the size limit, even though the dimensions are correct?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Also note that unlike some other LUWS pictures, which can be portrait or landscape, the image for the main page can be no more than 135 pixels high and 180 pixels wide. So 135x180 works, but 180x135 does not.
birdld-p40

Post by birdld-p40 »

Ozzy wrote:I am trying to upload a picture of our chapel to our LUWS main page, but I keep getting an error message that my image is larger than 135 x 180. This keep happening even after re-editing the image several times in edit imaging software. I know that the image is under dimensions specifed.

What do I do - any ideas?:eek:

There is actually a LUWS bug that is keeping many units from posting pictures. We've received many calls here about the issue. Programmers are looking into it.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

The upload photo site says:

Please note that not more than 100 photos can be posted per news item and not more than 1000 total photos can be posted on your web site.

It is not clear to me how to upload more than one photo to a single news item. Please clarify.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

psnarula wrote:The upload photo site says:

Please note that not more than 100 photos can be posted per news item and not more than 1000 total photos can be posted on your web site.

It is not clear to me how to upload more than one photo to a single news item. Please clarify.
Each photo is added one at a time. When you click the "Add Photo" button the photo identified in the "Photo:" text box will be added to the news item. You will see a list of photos for the news item just below the "Add Photo" button. To the left of each photo is a "Remove" link to delete that photo from the list of photos for the news item. Until you add a photo the tabular list of photos will not be there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

birdld wrote:There is actually a LUWS bug that is keeping many units from posting pictures. We've received many calls here about the issue. Programmers are looking into it.

Well, that makes sense then. Actually, I am now able to upload it for some reason.
Thanks!
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks for all the great help - guys.
dwh33

Post by dwh33 »

I have been loading pictures for the past few years and all of a sudden mine will not load. They fit the specified file size and dimensions, but just do not load. Suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dwh33 wrote:I have been loading pictures for the past few years and all of a sudden mine will not load. They fit the specified file size and dimensions, but just do not load. Suggestions?
This is a reported problem discussed in the thread Trouble loading photos. They are working on the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”