Mailing Address on Ward Directory/LUWS?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mcallaghan

Mailing Address on Ward Directory/LUWS?

Post by mcallaghan »

Our branch is in a very rural part of New Hampshire. Many members have a completely different mailing address than their physical address. Some of these are actually PO boxes in a different town entirely. Recently we noticed that the LUWS and member directories printed from MLS only display the physical address (the first one listed in MLS), and not the mailing address. Does anyone know of a way to "fix" that?

I thought about just swapping the addresses in MLS, but the second one is specifically labeled "Mailing Address" and I don't want to mess anything up at CHQ.

Thanks!
Mike
Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated
Doctrine & Covenants 88:124
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mcallaghan wrote:Our branch is in a very rural part of New Hampshire. Many members have a completely different mailing address than their physical address. Some of these are actually PO boxes in a different town entirely. Recently we noticed that the LUWS and member directories printed from MLS only display the physical address (the first one listed in MLS), and not the mailing address. Does anyone know of a way to "fix" that?

I thought about just swapping the addresses in MLS, but the second one is specifically labeled "Mailing Address" and I don't want to mess anything up at CHQ.
In MLS, you can use the Print Mailing Labels feature, which will generate labels with the actual mailing address. This feature works on the vast majority of lists you can see in MLS.

As for LUWS, I think you're out of luck -- it only uses physical addresses.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

If you use the print-labels function Alan_Brown described, you could print to PDF to create a quick-and-dirty mailing directory.

With a little more effort, you could use the MLS export function to pull CSV files, then format your own directory.

One tricky thing about creating general-circulation directories from MLS is that some members may wish to be excluded. That is handled in LUWS, where they can opt out, but not in MLS.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”