Date format in email notifications

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
caillines

Date format in email notifications

Post by caillines »

Searched but couldn't find anything.

I was just wondering if there is some way to change the date format in the notification emails that go out when calendar items are added.
Being in Australia we use the D/M/Y format rather than the M/D/Y that seems to be the default (being a US based site). This has led to some confusion especially when a new item was added for 10th Nov, which for us would be 10/11/09, however the mailout said 11/10/09 which is a date in the past.
Any suggestions on how to avoid this confusion?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Caillin wrote:Searched but couldn't find anything.

I was just wondering if there is some way to change the date format in the notification emails that go out when calendar items are added.
Being in Australia we use the D/M/Y format rather than the M/D/Y that seems to be the default (being a US based site). This has led to some confusion especially when a new item was added for 10th Nov, which for us would be 10/11/09, however the mailout said 11/10/09 which is a date in the past.
Any suggestions on how to avoid this confusion?
One idea would be to include the date of the event in the details/subject of the event, so when an Email goes out the date may be seen in the details. This would give everyone a clear indication of the date.

I'm not aware of any other change that would do what you're asking.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
faazshift

Post by faazshift »

I would suggest changing the date format to something more readable (eg. 'November 10, 2009', '10 November, 2009', or 'Nov 10, 2009'). I definitely agree that the current format is ambiguous.
DavidT-p40

Post by DavidT-p40 »

Is someone working on this problem ?
Date format needs to be local not server based. This is a major setback.
You can see that not everybody around the world uses MM/DD/YY.
The time also needs to local not served based.
This is another problem we have being 16 hours ahead of USA.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect the effort is going into the next version rather than fixing the current one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drewy

Post by drewy »

Dont be expecting anything soon, I reported this issue in Jan 2009. This is the response:
We have put this item through to our development team to see if there is something they can do to fix it.

MSR Support Staff
ShirtsDre

Soon to be released

Post by ShirtsDre »

drewy wrote:Dont be expecting anything soon, I reported this issue in Jan 2009. This is the response:
Your reporting of this issue was noted and combined into a larger set of corrections that will hopefully be released within the next few weeks.

The new date format will be DD Mon YYYY (23 Nov 2009).
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”