Ward/Stake calendar subscriptions

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Dimwhit-p40

Ward/Stake calendar subscriptions

Postby Dimwhit-p40 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm sure this has been asked, but does anyone know if calendar subscription is something that might happen down the line? I like the calendar, and it's a nice step to export to iCal, but without a subscription, it's not a whole lot of use to me.

Just wondering.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Dimwhit wrote:I'm sure this has been asked, but does anyone know if calendar subscription is something that might happen down the line? I like the calendar, and it's a nice step to export to iCal, but without a subscription, it's not a whole lot of use to me.

If you look at the Local Unit Calendaring Project page on the wiki, you'll see that subscriptions are planned.

Dimwhit-p40

Postby Dimwhit-p40 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Excellent! Thanks.

mprusse

Calendar importing

Postby mprusse » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

The project appears to have some great features. It will be a huge help when it is released.

In the meantime, as our stake prepares to put together their 2010 calendar, how can they create it so it can be imported simply into the new LUWS calendar? I didn't see anything about importing functionality.

Thanks.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:54 pm

macsense wrote:The project appears to have some great features. It will be a huge help when it is released.

In the meantime, as our stake prepares to put together their 2010 calendar, how can they create it so it can be imported simply into the new LUWS calendar? I didn't see anything about importing functionality.

Thanks.
You're right, there is currently no importing capability.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

mattprasmussen

Postby mattprasmussen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:06 am

macsense wrote:In the meantime, as our stake prepares to put together their 2010 calendar, how can they create it so it can be imported simply into the new LUWS calendar? I didn't see anything about importing functionality.

Our stake stopped using calendar software last year and built the 2009 calendar right in LUWS. I'm pretty sure that's the intention of Church HQ.

dmaynes

Postby dmaynes » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am

Matt_Rasmussen wrote:Our stake stopped using calendar software last year and built the 2009 calendar right in LUWS. I'm pretty sure that's the intention of Church HQ.

Manual entry of calendar items is not too hard if you can stretch it out over time, or if the number of entries is fewer than 50.

Manually entering all 450 birthdays into a resource calendar for my ward has taken about 10 hours of data entry and I'm still not done.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”