The ward website augments the leaders' ability to “invite all to come unto Christ” by increasing the faith, fellowship, and unity of the ward members and by providing an organizational framework and repository of information for administering the ward.
The ward website helps us accomplish this mission by making each member aware of other ward members and by informing everyone what is happening in the ward. This is accomplished through regular e-mails of news and information and through maintaining relevant content on the website. The e-mails have something for everyone, including interesting stories from around the church, news from our missionaries, upcoming ward events, and birthdays of ward members. In addition to the e-mail content, the website provides leadership lists, news of organizational changes, and information on all the Church and ward programs for our members.
We intend to accomplish specific goals by the end of 2009:
- Increase enrollment to 150 members
- Invite every member over the age of 18 to enroll
- Include all major ward events on the calendar
- Send out e-mails weekly
- Collect all relevant information to complete the ward history
- Upload photos of 75% of the households in the ward
The website has a lot more to offer to each individual member than the weekly e-mails. Some of the specialized content is:
- The Ward Expenditure Authorization Form
- The Ward History for 2008
- The Ward Emergency Preparedness Plan
- The Stake Focus and Plan for Strengthening Families
- Links to very useful web resources on www.lds.org
The website is a valuable resource to the home teachers and visiting teachers. There are sacrament meeting synopses that you can share with members who could not attend sacrament meeting. The birthdays of people you home teach are listed, so you can remember them. E-mail addresses are listed in the directory for many of the ward members, so you can stay in touch with them.
[font="][font=Verdana][size=84]Please use the website. It will bless your life and the lives of those whom you serve. If you are not enrolled for the website, please talk to the ward website administrator or one of the clerks.