Times Changed on Calendar!!!

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
margiestroble

Times Changed on Calendar!!!

Post by margiestroble »

Help! A sister called me just a few minutes ago to ask when the RS Activities are for this month as she didn't get a newsletter Sunday. I was telling her what they were from the newsletter, but then remembered that one activity had been changed, so I popped onto the ward calendar to check for her as she doesn't have a computer to look on the webpage for herself, and I noticed that some of the activities had a later start time listed. An activity that starts at 6:30 pm was showing 7:30 pm. A couple of the activities that did not have end times listed originally had been changed to 12 am as the end time and also one activity was changed to show it was lasting for 2 days! Maybe that's because it was changed to 12 am, which is considered the next day. I fixed all of those. I peeked at April's calendar and don't readily see anything wrong there except for Gen Conf on April 1, (also March 31 has been changed) which says ..... [size=-1]•[url=http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openWin%28%27/units/a/calendar/display/1,8346,601-1-7-38709-2679899,00.html?date=Apr+01+2007&monthIndex=4%27%29]1:01 AM MT General Conference[/url] It didn't used to have a time on there and our stake exec secretary added in blue typing for all of the wards for our time zone and this is how it looks now ..... [/size][size=-1]•[url=http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openWin%28%27/units/a/calendar/display/1,8346,601-1-7-38709-2657026,00.html?date=Apr+01+2007&monthIndex=4%27%29]1:01 AM General Conference Broadcast @ 11am and 3pm[/url]
I know before he didn't have 1:01 AM time on there.
Is something going on at CHQ that would make this happen on the webpages? If you guys aren't doing anything, then I wonder how this could have happened?
I did notice that a couple of the activities that the time had been changed were submissions from other people and not something that I had entered myself.
Also, on all of the open houses for RS, Primary, YW, etc, they are showing 1:01 AM as a start time.
Thanks for your help!

[/size]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

According to the unofficial clerk's list, the powers that be are aware of it and it will be fixed in a few days. I suspect something got messed up with the whole DST thing.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

RussellHltn wrote:According to the unofficial clerk's list, the powers that be are aware of it and it will be fixed in a few days. I suspect something got messed up with the whole DST thing.
Yes, we are working hard to get all of the servers and software patched properly and there may have been some glitches in the process.

Tom
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tomw wrote:Yes, we are working hard to get all of the servers and software patched properly and there may have been some glitches in the process.

Tom
Ok, thanks for letting me know it's being worked on. I figured it might be something like that. It's strange though how some entries were effected and some were not.

:confused: One question, once it's fixed on CHQ's end, do you know what will happen to the times that I have changed on our ward calendar and my husband changed the stake entries that he saw that were messed up? Hopefully those will remain the same times that we changed them all to.

Thanks again,
Margie
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

margiestroble wrote:Ok, thanks for letting me know it's being worked on. I figured it might be something like that. It's strange though how some entries were effected and some were not.

:confused: One question, once it's fixed on CHQ's end, do you know what will happen to the times that I have changed on our ward calendar and my husband changed the stake entries that he saw that were messed up? Hopefully those will remain the same times that we changed them all to.

Thanks again,
Margie
Sorry, but I don't know. :(

Tom
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tomw wrote:Sorry, but I don't know. :(

Tom
Ok, we'll just have to see what it looks like once the issue of the DST has been fixed.
Thanks again,
Margie
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Latest from the rumor mill is that it's fixed. You might want to check back.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

RussellHltn wrote:Latest from the rumor mill is that it's fixed. You might want to check back.
:) Thanks! It looks ok so far. I don't see any strange start times any longer.

The times that I input remained the same. So far, so good.

Margie
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Might check the other side of DST in October. I'm hearing rumblings about that.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

RussellHltn wrote:Might check the other side of DST in October. I'm hearing rumblings about that.
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the warning!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”