Putting cell phones and e-mail addresses into the directory.

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
fraserredmond

Post by fraserredmond »

I think it always comes back to needing to get the information from people, and once you've got it, MLS is the best place to store it - otherwise you'll probably be having to get it all over again a year or two later.
dmaynes wrote:Do any of you have suggestions for doing this? (For example: an ideal format for the directory layout.)
For what its worth (and a sample template), I outlined how I get our ward's data out of MLS for a compact 1-page phonelist (for about 80 families, with maps on the back)

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showpost.php? ... ostcount=5
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DJC wrote:As with most items like this, it is not a technological hurdle that does not allow for more than one household phone number/email address but rather a policy.
That's interesting. Especially since LUWS uses individual emails. :)

After consulting the tea leaves, I'm guessing this may have something to do with primary or youth age children.

If the system would allow individual phone numbers for the adults, I think most of the user's wants can be accommodated. I guess those who need it will have to add a new policy to their prayers. ;) In the meantime, any added light on the reasons for the policy would be helpful. Especially since some wards seem to be setting up their own implementation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”