recurring events

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
farwest

recurring events

Postby farwest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:49 pm

trying to get rid of a recurring event and it only does it one week at a time. what is the trick I've tried several different ways and only get one week at a time.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:03 pm

farwest wrote:trying to get rid of a recurring event and it only does it one week at a time. what is the trick I've tried several different ways and only get one week at a time.

If it is a true recurring event, then when you go to edit it, you will see something like "This item will repeat every week on Wednesday starting 02/25/2009 and ending 12/31/2012. Click Make This a Repeating Event to edit this pattern." In that case, deleting the event will remove all occurrences.

But if the event is not a true recurring event, but was simply added a week at a time (or a month at a time, or whatever), you will have to delete each item one by one.

kcushing-p40

Recurring

Postby kcushing-p40 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Along the same lines, if I have a recurring event that happens every Sunday, but I want to remove it from just one Sunday becuase of General Conference, is there a way to do that?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:44 pm

kcushing wrote:Along the same lines, if I have a recurring event that happens every Sunday, but I want to remove it from just one Sunday becuase of General Conference, is there a way to do that?

You have to split it into two recurring events: one before General Conference and one after it.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”