recurring events

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
farwest

recurring events

Post by farwest »

trying to get rid of a recurring event and it only does it one week at a time. what is the trick I've tried several different ways and only get one week at a time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:trying to get rid of a recurring event and it only does it one week at a time. what is the trick I've tried several different ways and only get one week at a time.

If it is a true recurring event, then when you go to edit it, you will see something like "This item will repeat every week on Wednesday starting 02/25/2009 and ending 12/31/2012. Click Make This a Repeating Event to edit this pattern." In that case, deleting the event will remove all occurrences.

But if the event is not a true recurring event, but was simply added a week at a time (or a month at a time, or whatever), you will have to delete each item one by one.
kcushing-p40

Recurring

Post by kcushing-p40 »

Along the same lines, if I have a recurring event that happens every Sunday, but I want to remove it from just one Sunday becuase of General Conference, is there a way to do that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kcushing wrote:Along the same lines, if I have a recurring event that happens every Sunday, but I want to remove it from just one Sunday becuase of General Conference, is there a way to do that?
You have to split it into two recurring events: one before General Conference and one after it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”