Display of long stake/ward names

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:After some experimentation I found that IE has a quirk in relation to line-height.
I don't think that's the issue here. IE7 Displays the stake just fine.

Here a sample of what I get on my computer side-by-side with a sample submitted previously.

I can't find any stake that takes more than 2 lines of small print.
Attachments
untitled2.GIF
untitled2.GIF (3.39 KiB) Viewed 636 times
untitled3.GIF
untitled3.GIF (6.01 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:I don't think that's the issue here. IE7 Displays the stake just fine.

The web site doesn't use the same style for the name when you go to the stake page. When you are on the stake page it shows the stake name using the same style as is used for the ward name on the ward page. That style doesn't use the line-height attribute so it doesn't have the problem.
RussellHltn wrote: Here a sample of what I get on my computer side-by-side with a sample submitted previously.

The second sample came from FF running under Linux. Linux does not have the same font selection as windows so FF uses different fonts and different font sizes.

Here's what that page looks like under IE and FF on my Windows machine:
ieff_239th.gif
ieff_239th.gif (5.26 KiB) Viewed 544 times
The Stake name under Windows is the same size in both IE and FF but the text is squished under FF.
ShirtsDre

Yes it is a CSS line-height issue.

Post by ShirtsDre »

This appears to only happen with Firefox. It is due to two different sets of CSS files per browser type. In Firefox-compatible browsers it shows a line-height value of 55%. IE doesn't use the same CSS file. A low-priority bug has been submitted. There is no posted time table for when this will be released.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”