LDS Account and LUWS e-mail address synchronization

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
pete_arnett-p40

LDS Account and LUWS e-mail address sync Status

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

LDS Account and LUWS e-mail address sync Status

When a member creates a new LDS Account, then the LUWS “Web Admin” page will not show their new LDS Account user id, but it will show their e-mail address

Also, if it is an existing member, and they create a LDS Account, then the LUWS “Web Admin” page will not be updated to the show their newly registered user id, but it will show their new e-mail address

Also posted at: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2811
and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ldsclerks

Notes:
1) The Church is in the process of moving from various user id and passwords to a single account for various church web sites
2) Older Sign In – the older method to access www.lds.org , an Official Church Web site that is accessible by members at the ward and stake level that contains information about their units.
3) LDS Account - the newer method to access various Official Church Web sites, such as LUWS (www.lds.org) and others using the same user id and password
4) Members are the only ones who can update their e-mail address on the LUWS web page
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pete_arnett wrote:2) Local Unit Web Site (LUWS) – the older method to access www.lds.org , an Official Church Web site that is accessible by members at the ward and stake level that contains information about their units.

I would suggest that you choose some other way to refer to the older login credentials for LUWS. You are using the term "LUWS" to refer to old login credentials, which are actually generally referred to as NetID. The NetID is used for a variety of sites; although some of them are transitioning to LDS Account, others are still active (see https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Login_Credentials for a more complete list).

Then you talk about accessing www.lds.org, when that could actually refer to a host of web sites. The particular collection of sites you are referring to is actually LUWS, or Local Unit Web Sites (the consistent term in the technical community) or Stake and Ward Web Sites (the way the sites are described from the home page of lds.org).

I'm not trying to be picky, but just hoping to avoid confusion. I would think that your use of the term LUWS in that way is particularly confusing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pete_arnett wrote:Also, if it is an existing member, and they create a LDS Account, then the LUWS “Web Admin” page will not be updated to the show their newly registered user id, but it will show their new e-mail address
That's not what I'm seeing. I've looked in the Membership Directory, Leadership, and Registered Users. All show my old email address I used when I signed up for LUWS. My LDS Account uses a different email.

Personally, that's the way I like it. But I'm sure it's going to cause confusion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:My LDS Access uses a different email.

That's "LDS Account", not "LDS Access".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:That's "LDS Account", not "LDS Access".
*sigh* I keep making that mistake. Thanks for the correction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”