Mormon Messages Site Refused as A Resource on LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Since the church owns the video clips, it would make little sense to post them up to YouTube, just to download them again in another format. If they wanted to present them in a totally "safe" environment, they could just have easily made them available on one of their own web pages in Flash, but they didn't.

I'm not sure it does us much good to try and second guess the reasoning behind what the church chooses to do with their video clips. This sort of reminds me of a certain group of people who were confused and concerned because their Master had chosen to go to the leper colony to teach and heal them. Could this be a similar reaching out?

My point is, let's not judge too quickly the church's decision to use YouTube as a platform.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Since the church owns the video clips, it would make little sense to post them up to YouTube, just to download them again in another format. If they wanted to present them in a totally "safe" environment, they could just have easily made them available on one of their own web pages in Flash, but they didn't.
The discussion has branched out into a few areas. I think the main attraction to using YouTube for some site owners is that it relieves them of of the expense of hosting high-bandwidth content. The problem then becomes how to do this while maintaining a safe environment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Techgy wrote:There are methods of downloading the videos and storing them in "flv" format.
However, I'm not sure of this, but it's possible that anyone who chose to host them would need permission to do so.

If you want to know if the YouTube videos have the same copyright restrictions as some other Church content, you can email the Church's Intellectual Property Office at cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org

If they are bound by a Copyright, you can go to http://www.lds.org/policy/CopyrightRequestForm.doc to request to post them on your website.
marianomarini

safe youtube area

Post by marianomarini »

I have find a way to see Mormon Messages without being sent to youtube.
I use linux and Totem as media player. One of it's feature is to allow Youtube plugin.
This way I can search Mormon Message and see a list of them. Select it and play, even on full screen, without living totem player!!
No suggest or related video list or images.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

marianomarini_vi wrote:I have find a way to see Mormon Messages without being sent to youtube.
I use linux and Totem as media player. One of it's feature is to allow Youtube plugin.
This way I can search Mormon Message and see a list of them. Select it and play, even on full screen, without living totem player!!
No suggest or related video list or images.

Good suggestion! Thank you!
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I'm trying to have a filter into Mornon messages channel, instead of Mormon messages string, to avoid other video be listed.
Suggestions?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”