Inconsistency with e-mail address being visible/invisible

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:This statement is incorrect. The e-mail address in MLS has absolutely no effect on the LUWS. The e-mail address in LUWS comes only from the user's profile on LUWS.

Thus deleting the e-mail address in MLS will not cause the envelope icon in LUWS to disappear.
There goes my experiment!:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:I thought that the envelope icon only showed when the person was registered for the site.
Actually, it only shows when they have registered and allowed their email to be public.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

zaneclark wrote:I have often thought the email address on the MLS was largely wasted since it didn't show anyplace...
I don't think it's entirely wasted. I recently got a new home teaching companion and his email was on the printout I got from MLS. My thought was, "Finally! Now I don't have to try and set up all my appointments by using the phone."

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”