Synchronization delay?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:Stupid question - is the membership clerk doing a send/receive promptly after doing the updates? Otherwise it may just sit there until the donations are processed the following Sunday.

Just wanting to make sure the problem is all on SLC's end.
LOL, it's only a stupid question if it's asked 5 mins after I just asked it! ;)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geek wrote:Believe me -- when leaders forward address and phone changes to the ward clerk, are told that those changes have been completed, and then over a week later, it's still not updated on LUWS, it doesn't help LUWS credibility.

(And it's not an issue of the clerks being up to date. I'm currently "watching" for changes that were made in MLS 7 days ago. Maybe tomorrow...)

Again -- I'm curious as to what the expectation on synchronization should be. I work in IT -- I'm not naive enough to expect real-time or same-day synchronization (although, I have had to disabuse many ward members of that expectation). Can anyone in the know explain the timing? Or do we have some problem here? Is this a mystery of the Kingdom not to be divulged?

(Empirical observation suggests it's anywhere from 4 to 8 days typically, with our LUWS to get updated changes.)

I've never had it take longer than a week. Perhaps the Thanksgiving holiday is causing a somewhat longer delay this time around.

I suppose it's a mixed blessing that your leaders and members are so impatient. I've never had a single complaint about information being slow to update, but then again, I wish more people in my stake were actively using LUWS. If I were in your position, I would be very grateful that so many people are using the site much more often than once a week (otherwise they wouldn't possibly care about a week's delay).

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”