Lost family?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:Someone on this forum once described housholds in MLS as an "envelope" where individual records are stored.
Along the same lines, any "children" aren't going to show up under their own last name. In LUWS, the whole family takes on the last name of the Head of Household. I put children in quotes because they may be adults but still grouped as children because they are living at home.

So the first question becomes is the member in question a head of house?

I think this is the likely answer - the person is in LUWS, but not under the expected family name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregneg

Found -- solution in the works

Post by gregneg »

It is an "envelope" thing.

It seems that every member that lives in the same apartment complex is in one apartment/household (according to MLS). My "M" guy shows in a large family headed by a single female "J".

Our membership clerk will not be dying of boredom as he sorts that one out --- :p

This confusion could have been avoided if the "search" function returned context (household/family) information --- instead of just the individual info.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

elderj1 wrote:It seems that every member that lives in the same apartment complex is in one apartment/household (according to MLS). My "M" guy shows in a large family headed by a single female "J".
Just when you thought you've heard it all ....

I wonder what was behind grouping them that way? EQ is going to have some fun assigning Home Teachers to these new "families". It's also going to affect the monthly stats.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

elderj1 wrote:It seems that every member that lives in the same apartment complex is in one apartment/household (according to MLS). My "M" guy shows in a large family headed by a single female "J".
I would love to know if this happened with input from CHQ, MLS, or another well-meaning clerk. Not to point fingers or anything. Just to know if there is something in MLS we need to watch out for.

In some cases, computer programs become too helpful. In other cases, the problem is not with the computer, the problem is at the computer.

The latter is usually true when I am involved. [grin]
kd7mha

a PEBKAC error!

Post by kd7mha »

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair:)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kd7mha wrote:Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair:)
I do that a lot myself. Thanks for sharing. One less thing to worry about in Windows or MLS.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”