Viewing Membership Directory for Another Unit

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Years ago before I was a stake administrator I only had access to my home ward's web pages and functions and some stake web site pages. Back then I could only access the home page of another ward in the stake. Nothing else was accessable. Maybe all that has changed since then.
I guess I did not participate in the LUWS program that far back. What you describe is not how it works now.

As long as I have been involved it has been the case that every member of the stake has the same access (excluding administrative and recordkeeping functions, of course) as every other member of the stake. Upon login, each user will land on his/her ward's home page, but they can navigate to any pages of any other ward in the stake in exaclty the same way as members of those wards can.

Now that you have explained how it used to work, I understand how you could have questions about how the regular (blue) pages might work differently for administrators as opposed to regular users. But the simple answer is that now (and for several years) there is no difference in how the regular pages work for all registered users in the stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:I guess I did not participate in the LUWS program that far back.
I was invovled in the late beta stage and I don't remember that.

What has been described is true for any unit in another stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:What has been described is true for any unit in another stake.
Yes. Anyone can see the home page of any unit in the Church that is participating at the LUWS. This is the reason Admins are reminded about the sensitivity of public information, especially in announcements and calendar items that may show up there.

Anyone who has a login and password to their own LUWS is able to see all of the information for all of the wards and branches in their own stake.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”