Allowing Non-Members to Log-In

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jeffdancer-p40

Allowing Non-Members to Log-In

Post by jeffdancer-p40 »

I am a student in a BYU singles ward. The Bishop is reluctant to use the ward web site, because we have about eight non-members in the ward. He does not want to exclude anyone from hearing about announcements or activities in the ward.

Is there a way to allow theses individuals to be part of the ward web site, not just the home page?
bybee-p40

Allowing transient members to log-in

Post by bybee-p40 »

We often have transient members who come to our ward for 5-6 weeks but don't want their records transferred. It would be nice to give them temporary access to the ward website as well. These accounts (transient member and non-member) could be approved by the ward website administrator.
Eric Werny-p40

Ward Web Site

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

The only thing I can see on a Ward Web site that needs password protection is member information. If non-members what to know about a local ward, I think it would be great.

Just password protect the ward list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bybee wrote:We often have transient members who come to our ward for 5-6 weeks but don't want their records transferred. It would be nice to give them temporary access to the ward website as well.
The stake website admin can do that. But they still have to be members.
craiger

Post by craiger »

I think you also want to restrict access to information about activities scheduled in the calendar. The last thing the Church wants is for it's websites to become an easy place for child predators, stalkers, and the like to be able to lurk around activities where their victims will be.
tomj
Community Moderators

I Agree

Post by tomj »

That's just the world we live in. I'd rather not have activities/etc. posted to the whole world for that exact purpose. I don't want my children targeted. I guess if there were a way to post adult activites . . . . . . but at the sametime, there is alway going to be some members that may have a stalker or x-husband/wife that they are trying to hide/avoid.

It's probably best to keep that stuff secure.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”