Importing Calendar Events

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
bkcash-p40

Importing Calendar Events

Post by bkcash-p40 »

This already may have been brought up, but importing of events into the stake calendar would be a huge feature and save a ton of time. I build our stake calendar in Outlook so our stake leaders can import the calendar into their own Outlook via an iCal file. I would love to have the ability to import that file into the stake web calendar as well. Is this something that is in the works, or is there something that is preventing the church from implementing this feature?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

bkcash wrote:This already may have been brought up, but importing of events into the stake calendar would be a huge feature and save a ton of time. I build our stake calendar in Outlook so our stake leaders can import the calendar into their own Outlook via an iCal file. I would love to have the ability to import that file into the stake web calendar as well. Is this something that is in the works, or is there something that is preventing the church from implementing this feature?
You're right, I think we have seen this suggestion by a few others on this forum.

As for the feature request, the Church is hoping to come out with a new version of the Stake and Ward Websites in the next few months (that's just a guess on my part based on information from Church employees). I'm sure they have probably considered this feature; if not, hopefully it's not too late to consider it.
jbh001

Calander feed/subscription

Post by jbh001 »

It would be nice to be able to share/subscribe to LUWS calendars so that those that use Yahoo or MobileMe and such could get automatic updates from the ward calender instead of having to re-import it every time. Obviously this needs some security in place that doesn't seem to be available yet from Yahoo or MobileMe (i.e. authentication to subscribe to a ward's calendar).

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”