Broadcast Message Problem

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Broadcast Message Problem

Post by zaneclark »

I decided to test the feature which supposedly allows you to broadcast an email to a particular group, such as HP, or Elders. I'm glad I tested it before I actually sent a message to a group because the same group of about 50 people show as the potential recipients of the message regardless of which group I choose! Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I decided to test the feature which supposedly allows you to broadcast an email to a particular group, such as HP, or Elders. I'm glad I tested it before I actually sent a message to a group because the same group of about 50 people show as the potential recipients of the message regardless of which group I choose! Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

It works as expected for me. I assume you are logged into the local unit web site as an administrator, and you have gone to the Administrator Options, and are doing an E-mail broadcast (under News and Information). Then you check which auxiliary you want to send it to (not "All auxiliary").

One thing to remember is that each person who signs up for e-mail alerts specifies which organizations he or she is interested in (it has nothing to do with actual membership in the organization). We have a few sisters who signed up for Elders Quorum alerts (I suppose so they can remind their husbands of events). It's possible (but of course would be unlikely) that everyone in your unit signed up for all alerts, and so they appropriately are all getting all the notices.

But in my ward, the lists are definitely different. There are about a dozen people who signed up for all notifications, but others selected a smaller set of axuiliaries. So unless all your members signed up for all alerts, I can't explain what you are seeing.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just did another check and it looks like several people signed up to receive posts from all organizations. They are either really interested in what is going on or didn't understand the process. Anyway, it looks like that is the answer. Thank you for the info. I had forgotten that they do the selecting of organizations...

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”