Creating a log in to LDS. Org for our Missionary

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dlpyro1957

Creating a log in to LDS. Org for our Missionary

Post by dlpyro1957 »

Is there a way of creating a user log in for our Ward Missionary. like (Redhill Missionary)
that way they get Down load the curent Ward List and have acess to LDS map.
Or maybe at a Mission Level?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Are you talking about full-time missionaries serving in your unit having access to LDS.org applications as though they are a member of your unit (out of unit member)? Even though you are posting in the classic LUWS forum I would assume you are also asking about the new modules (directory, calendar, maps, lesson schedules, and newsletter).

Full-time missionaries create a unique situation. They could be added as out of unit members to give them access to these applications. However, due to the short service period within a unit, it is difficult to keep any out of unit records for them current - missionaries who have transferred out removed and transfers in added. Out of unit member records are temporary and require information from the missionary's IOS which many missionaries, if any, do not have with them.

In my perspective, giving full-time missionaries membership access to lds.org applications for the units in which they serve would be better managed from the mission office. Currently the mission office maintains the records for unit directories. This could be expanded to grant them application access. That access may be in the works. I have not seen any official statement or hint from a Church employee stating that it is.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
greggo

Post by greggo »

jdlessley wrote:Out of unit member records are temporary and require information from the missionary's IOS which many missionaries, if any, do not have with them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't one only need their membership number (and birth date) to create an out of unit record? In that case, the missionary should have that on their temple recommend.

But I agree. This type of thing would be best handled by the missionary department.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

greggo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't one only need their membership number (and birth date) to create an out of unit record? In that case, the missionary should have that on their temple recommend.
You are correct for just an out of unit member. Other IOS information is needed for an out of unit member to be given a leadership position in MLS. This is not needed for this situation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”