Email

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
papanonna

Email

Post by papanonna »

When I click on an email address on the ward directory it tells me "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action, and that I need to create an association in the Default Programs control panel. For the life of me I cannot find that control panel. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That may not be the best way to solve the problem. Are you using a webbrowser for your email instead of program installed on your computer? That's frequently the case with users of gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. You may want to Google around for a small program you can install that will direct the 'mailto:" protocal to your web mail system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When sending an e-mail from either the classic LUWS or the new directory you need to have an e-mail client application registered on the computer you are using. The directory e-mail feature uses your personal e-mail client rather than a Church provided messaging system. If you provide your operating system we can give you instructions on how to do this. If you use a web based e-mail service you have limited options. I believe certain web base e-mail services such as Gmail can be set up for use with web e-mail links.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

As a preliminary example, read this page. It provides instructions for several operating systems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:As a preliminary example, read this page. It provides instructions for several operating systems.

Although it's intended for users of Thunderbird and/or SeaMonkey.

Here is a resource for Windows/IE users.

I'd suggest using your favorite web search engine to find "default mail" for the OS and Email service you use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

if you are using web based email, instead of trying to find and install a local email client, it is very simple to just use your web based email without any modification instead, as follows:

1- right click on the email address (or group email link), and then click on "copy email address".

2- paste the email address(es) into the "to:" (if one person) or "bcc:" (if many persons) fields in your web based email, and you are ready to go!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”