Highlight Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ShNBl84

Re: Highlight Scriptures

Post by ShNBl84 »

Highlight option working in the scriptures and some of the NT teacher's manual but still not appearing when trying to highlight any part of a section that is bulleted.
mevans

Post by mevans »

ShNBl84 wrote:Highlight option working in the scriptures and some of the NT teacher's manual but still not appearing when trying to highlight any part of a section that is bulleted.
Things like bulleted text and indented quotes are a different problem. Here are some threads with additional information about the situation: There are more threads than what is above, but those should give you a good overview of the problem and a technical explanation as well.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

The current version of Study Notebook does not allow one to highlight any sort of special formatting, including special fonts, some italics, long quotations, or bullets. Here is one way to work around the bug:

1. Highlight the bullets.
2. Hit CTRL and C at the same time.
3. Highlight the sentence *before* the bullets and when the little box comes up....
4. Click on the 'Note' part.
5. Then, hit CTRL and V. The bullets that you felt were important will be saved in your journal, even if they are not highlighted on your page.

Notes also does not work with every page on LDs.org - only scriptures, manuals and magazine articles. You can use a similar procedure to save important information on these other types of pages:

1. Highlight the information.
2. Hit CTRL and C at the same time.
3. Create a new journal entry.
4. Click on the note part.
5. Then, hit CTRL and V. The information that you wanted to highlight will be saved in your journal, even if it is not highlighted on your page.
SusanLeeDraper

Post by SusanLeeDraper »

I am not able to highlight bulleted and numbered passages, which is most of the gospel doctrine lesson manual, making it impossible to use the features to prepare my lesson
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Bulleted items are unable to have markings. It has to do with how the information is stored on the backend. There is currently no ETA of when the problem will be fixed as it is a low priority. Feel free to send feedback located on the bottom of the page to request the feature. If enough people request it, it may receive a higher priority, but no guarantees.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

I am one of the people who answer the feedback at LDS.org. The request has already been sent hundreds of times. There is a work around:

1. Highlight and copy the bulleted list.
2. Highlight the sentence immediately before the bullets.
3. Paste the bulleted list into the black pop-up box.

It won't be highlighted on your page, but you will still have it close at hand and will show up in the right place when you print.
mtmay

Post by mtmay »

2016 and still can't highlight anything - scriptures, ensign, manuals. It only gives the option to copy, share or bookmark.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mtmay wrote:2016 and still can't highlight anything - scriptures, ensign, manuals. It only gives the option to copy, share or bookmark.
Are you logged in? You can't highlight if you're not logged in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mfrederich wrote:I cannot seem to get bullet points or numbered items from conference addresses to highlight for my study journal. Any ideas?
What version of Gospel Library are you using? Which talk are you trying to highlight?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
thevon1

Post by thevon1 »

Make sure you are signed in. when i think i'm signed in, it doesn't work. look at the top right and click my account, if it says "sign in", you are not signed in and cannot highlight. :D

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”