Notes working off and on..for weeks now

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jndduck

Notes working off and on..for weeks now

Post by jndduck »

For my come follow me lessons, I have recently started keeping my notes and thoughts using the notes feature however, the notes will only work about half the time. I have tried different browser and different devices. What happens when it's not working is: 1. all my notes previously worked on-disappear and I can not open a new note or highlight or use any tools, just read online, 2. it will open then close really quickly before I have a chance to do anything. I try this over and over in different articles, scriptures, browsers, devices with same result., 3. I can open the note and write my thoughts or a quote and then I go to click save and the circle just keeps circling and I can't save it. Those are my main issues. Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this or is this just something that is being worked through with the changes in the website?

Thank you
bethmargaretdavenport

Re: Notes working off and on..for weeks now

Post by bethmargaretdavenport »

slig htly different problem. wont let me save a new password in account settings
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try clearing your browser cache.
(Note that there are a few extra problems today because LDS.org is switching to ChurchofJesusChrist.org.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
boisern

Post by boisern »

I am having a problem accessing most of my account in the same way. I was required to start "dual verification" in order to access my account, and now I'm stuck in a constant loop similar to what you are describing but slightly different and much more frustrating: the screen appears for me to login. I login, I receive the text verification code, I enter the code, and then I receive another texted code to enter. It is a neverending process that NEVER allows me into the account. I have access to a few things that are "open" but I cannot get to my notes! :(
eweight

Post by eweight »

I have been having the exact same problem for over a month. I have tried everything. Different browsers, clearing cache many times, different ways of accessing my content but always the same. As soon as I login to see my notes and highlights the content disappears. Scriptures, Preach my Gospel, Come Follow Me etc. VERY FRUSTRATING!! I've sent numerous feedback notes to the church support and all I get is we'll look into it.

It must not be happening to everyone so what is my problem? I'm using an older MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra. What are you using?

Has anyone been able to get around this issue??

Funny thing is it works fine on my iPad and iPhone so I end up doing my study there but would rather be able to use a normal keyboard.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

eweight wrote:I have been having the exact same problem for over a month. I have tried everything. Different browsers, clearing cache many times, different ways of accessing my content but always the same. As soon as I login to see my notes and highlights the content disappears. Scriptures, Preach my Gospel, Come Follow Me etc. VERY FRUSTRATING!! I've sent numerous feedback notes to the church support and all I get is we'll look into it.
Have you tried in Chrome with an incognito window? (File > New Incognito Window)? That will tell you for sure if the problem is something being cached, because Chrome's incognito window uses a fresh cache and no cookies.
eweight wrote:It must not be happening to everyone so what is my problem? I'm using an older MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra. What are you using?
Is your computer able to update to macOS Mojave? While it's likely that the problem doesn't have anything to do with your OS version, it's possible that there was a bug related to caching or something else in High Sierra that's been fixed in Mojave.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
boisern

Post by boisern »

I tried incognito windup in chrome already
eweight

Post by eweight »

Thanks I’ll try incognito. Unfortunately my Mac is too old to be updated to the newest OS.
eweight

Post by eweight »

Yep, incognito mode yielded the same result :-( Do you think the church will fix this bug or am I stuck since I have an older machine that can't be updated to the new OS?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”