Formatting Goes Crazy Between Web and Mobile for Custom Notes?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
bsebesta

Formatting Goes Crazy Between Web and Mobile for Custom Notes?

Post by bsebesta »

Friends,

I really like the new Gospel Library, and began today to try insert notes again. (I've been doing it with my notes program, but I've been wanting to put it into the text directly.) During my morning's study, I typed up some custom notes and tagged it to the header of "Isaiah 1." It read very nicely; I bolded some headers; it had bulleted lists; and it was properly spaced with new lines. I had put in some notes from various commentaries on that chapter's context. I was really happy.

I went back to LDS.org tonight to refer to it via the desktop experience, and checked the notes. I initially came to the page using the old experience, and when I went to view the note I had made on Gospel Library, all the new lines were gone. The bolds had been kept, but all the lines and bullets were gone. The section that was bulleted looks like this now:
1:1 - Superscription &nbsp 0 - The indictment: complain, threats, call for repentance 1:21 Lament And Hope 1:28-31 - iery punishment NOAB 1:1 - Superscr 1:2-20 - Speech of cuser 1:21-31 - Speech of the NAC (Smith) 1:1 - Superscription 1: God’s Accusations of Rebel gainst Judah 1:10-20 - God’s Call for Reconciliation Useless Worship 1:21-31 - God’s Purification of Judah’s Lead
You'll notice that it did something weird, and not only did it delete the new lines, but it took out random words. Again, that section WAS bulleted.

My hypothesis WAS that this is because I was using the old experience at first, but then I went and revamped that section using the web app. I added the bullets and new lines back in. I checked the mobile app again–so far, so good! But then I went BACK to the desktop experience, and AGAIN! All the bullets were gone! And all the new lines had collapsed again, so it just looked like a big wall of text again! (Instead of being several paragraphs, clearly marked out.)

Basically, I feel like I can't trust Gospel Library. Which is annoying. I'm not sure what is causing the formatting to mess up, although it seems to be related to the desktop experience of editing and viewing the notes. Any guidance?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Formatting Goes Crazy Between Web and Mobile for Custom Notes?

Post by sbradshaw »

What type of mobile device are you using? What version of Gospel Library is installed?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bsebesta

Re: Formatting Goes Crazy Between Web and Mobile for Custom Notes?

Post by bsebesta »

sbradshaw wrote:What type of mobile device are you using? What version of Gospel Library is installed?
I have an iPhone SE, and I'm using the latest version of the Gospel Library app, whichever version that is.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”