Notebook Problem

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
wcwsr56

Notebook Problem

Post by wcwsr56 »

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum.

Have a question about Notebook. When I access it and try and edit a scripture to add keywords and mark it for the subject, like,Second Coming it won't save, that save just keeps spinning. At first I thought it was my Internet. However, when I click on the scripture and do all the above out of Notebook it will save, no problem. I have messaged help but they have never fixed the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
mevans

Re: Notebook Problem

Post by mevans »

Are you using the "New Experience" notebook, or the old one?

I think I've experienced your problem with the old notebook. It had a lot of problems. I just took a look at my notebook to see if I could duplicate your problem, but I see I've been given the "New Experience" notebook, with no toggle to go to the old one, so I can't verify if I see the problem.

It's possible they've just moved everyone to the new Notes and don't have a toggle for it. I was able to edit and save changes with it, so that's encouraging.
rveras

Re: Journal Entries

Post by rveras »

Aloha,

I'm new to this forum. This is not a reply but an urgent question.

I have been using NOTES to enter my personal journal for at least 5 years now. I'm disheartened to discover that all my personal journals are gone except four entries from March. Also, all the contents of my notebooks are all gone as well. I know it was working as of June 2018. Please help. Is there anything that I need to do to retrieve (I hope not gone) those precious entries?
mevans

Re: Journal Entries

Post by mevans »

rveras wrote:Aloha,

I'm new to this forum. This is not a reply but an urgent question.

I have been using NOTES to enter my personal journal for at least 5 years now. I'm disheartened to discover that all my personal journals are gone except four entries from March. Also, all the contents of my notebooks are all gone as well. I know it was working as of June 2018. Please help. Is there anything that I need to do to retrieve (I hope not gone) those precious entries?
They've recently changed the user interface. Maybe your notes are still there. Click on the notebook icon (left column, third icon from the left). See if your notebooks and notes appear.
wlewis

Re: Notebook Problem

Post by wlewis »

I use to be able to find my bookmarks in the "Open Notebook". There is an Icon that looks like a bookmark but when I click on it it does not show my bookmarks. Any ideas were they are located out now. This is using the new interface.

One other thing it would be nice to see my bookmarks without having to select a chapter of scripture first.

Thanks

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”