New Gospel Library

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mcclinto

Re: New Gospel Library

Post by mcclinto »

I would like to propose that scriptures or verses "clicked on" be captured and cataloged so that when users search for keywords within the "scriptures" area of lds.org, the most "click on" scriptures come up first in the listing with some sort of "relevance" rating. This could be a good sort criteria. Someone may, for example, like to find "relevant" searches that are among the least often verses selected...maybe for a talk or for further study.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mcclinto wrote:I would like to propose ...
To do that you will need to submit your recommendation through the feedback link found on most LDS.org pages. The forum is user to user support and what we discuss here is generally not seen by those with authority to consider what is discussed here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I frequently click and/or select text as I'm reading things online, to keep my eyes focused on the correct line when there are distractions – so I don't think clicking would be the best way to track popular verses. However, you could leverage the annotation tools, to track which verses are most highlighted.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jerryvernsullivan

Post by jerryvernsullivan »

Lessons elders quorum
mikelantz

When I am gone

Post by mikelantz »

One of the things that bothers me about the LDS Gospel Library is that all my notes/tags/etc. are no longer accessible when I die. The Ward clerk will note my decease in the Church records and then my signon and password are disabled, so my family will no longer have access to all my work and efforts.

Has the Church given any thought to a LDS Family Scripture Tool type that would allow all those family members to share notes/tags and important scriptures?

Thanks

Michael Lantz
American Fork
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: When I am gone

Post by sbradshaw »

mikelantz wrote:One of the things that bothers me about the LDS Gospel Library is that all my notes/tags/etc. are no longer accessible when I die. The Ward clerk will note my decease in the Church records and then my signon and password are disabled, so my family will no longer have access to all my work and efforts.

Has the Church given any thought to a LDS Family Scripture Tool type that would allow all those family members to share notes/tags and important scriptures?
Your LDS Account becomes disabled soon after your membership record changes. However, your Gospel Library annotations are not immediately deleted. The spouse or the executor of estate of the deceased member can send a message to the support team (through in-app feedback, for example) and request that the annotations be copied to a new account that the family can access. The process takes a few weeks (approval from legal; verification of relation to the deceased).

The ability to share Gospel Library annotations more easily while living would be a great feature. I'd recommend sending it in as a feature request through in-app feedback (under Settings).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:Your LDS Account becomes disabled soon after your membership record changes. However, your Gospel Library annotations are not immediately deleted. The spouse or the executor of estate of the deceased member can send a message to the support team...
That's interesting to know. I'm surprised the church would do this, as it sounds like a manual task. It doesn't sound very sustainable in the long run, especially as the rising generation uses technology more. Family sharing options sound like they could be interesting. Maybe you could have shared notebooks and share those with others, then enable/disable whether you're looking at particular notebooks when viewing content.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:If you don't see the feedback popup again, you can try submitting feedback using the link at the bottom of LDS.org – though the feedback popup is probably more direct, if you see it again (I'm guessing they're watching feedback through the popup closely since it's new).
I've never seen the Feedback popup again and the "new experience" is usually quite broken. I can never view the scriptures with it. I managed to study a general conference talk for a bit, but now just get a blank screen. There do seem to be a lot of usability issues with the "new experience" when it works. It would be nice if they had direct feedback (kind of like LCR at times has direct feedback).

I tried submitting my problems using the "Feedback" link at the bottom of the page a long time ago and I got somewhat of a canned answer of things to try when things don't work. I responded that I was trying to submit bugs regarding the new features, but I'm not sure my feedback went anywhere. I know the "Feedback" people there are trying to be as helpful as they can and may not completely understand some of the technical things that are happening; however, I also don't want to spend time trying to provide detailed feedback, bugs, reproduction scenarios, etc., if that's not what the team is looking for at this time.
mikelantz

Post by mikelantz »

sbradshaw wrote:
mikelantz wrote:One of the things that bothers me about the LDS Gospel Library is that all my notes/tags/etc. are no longer accessible when I die. The Ward clerk will note my decease in the Church records and then my signon and password are disabled, so my family will no longer have access to all my work and efforts.

Your LDS Account becomes disabled soon after your membership record changes. However, your Gospel Library annotations are not immediately deleted. The spouse or the executor of estate of the deceased member can send a message to the support team (through in-app feedback, for example) and request that the annotations be copied to a new account that the family can access. The process takes a few weeks (approval from legal; verification of relation to the deceased).

The ability to share Gospel Library annotations more easily while living would be a great feature. I'd recommend sending it in as a feature request through in-app feedback (under Settings).

How do I send my idea in as a feature request through in-app feedback?? Thanks for your help.

Michael Lantz
American Fork
mevans

Post by mevans »

mikelantz wrote:How do I send my idea in as a feature request through in-app feedback?? Thanks for your help.
You can use the "Feedback" link at the bottom of most pages on LDS.org, or I believe there is an in-app feedback mechanism in the Gospel Library mobile app.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”