Notes are blank

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jtpenrose

Notes are blank

Post by jtpenrose »

I have compiled a great deal of notes on lds.org. When I try and access notes now there is nothing there. I still have them on my gospel library app but it appears as though I have never used notes on lds.org. How do I get them back?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Notes are blank

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you signed into LDS.org with the same LDS Account as the one you're using for Gospel Library?

Does it look like the page is only partially loaded? You could try doing a hard refresh of the page by holding the Shift key and pressing refresh (or, if you're on Internet Explorer, hold the Ctrl key and press refresh).

What's the URL of the page that loaded – does it have any unexpected language codes at the end? It should look like this: https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
barbt

Post by barbt »

This happened to me as well. I was on LDS.org, signed into my account, and went specifically to my notes. I was printing each of my notebooks. I had 85 notebooks and they were all there and all listed. I was in one of the notebooks and was changing the order of my notes within that notebook, and I went to print it. It was empty. I went back to my notebook list to try it again and All of my notebooks were gone. All 85 notebooks disappeared. All of the notes are in "All" but they are no longer divided in their notebooks. How can I get those back?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

barbt wrote:This happened to me as well. I was on LDS.org, signed into my account, and went specifically to my notes. I was printing each of my notebooks. I had 85 notebooks and they were all there and all listed. I was in one of the notebooks and was changing the order of my notes within that notebook, and I went to print it. It was empty. I went back to my notebook list to try it again and All of my notebooks were gone. All 85 notebooks disappeared. All of the notes are in "All" but they are no longer divided in their notebooks. How can I get those back?
If you log out and back in, does it fix the problem? Are you seeing your notebooks correctly in Gospel Library, if you have the app installed on any of your devices? I would report this as a bug using the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
barbt

Post by barbt »

Thank you for the suggestion. Where is the refresh button?
barbt

Post by barbt »

Yes I was signed in with the same account as on gospel library. After it happened on lds.org I immediately went to my Ipad , to Gospel library and to my notebooks to check it there. Because my account is set up to sync as soon as I open it, it synced and all of my notebooks disappeared there as well. Also, my tagged items were still there and now all of my tagged items are gone as well. Is there any way to go on lds.org and get to an earlier back up?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”