How to sync my phone's scriptures notes and highlights to my computer's one?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mariah.kuster

How to sync my phone's scriptures notes and highlights to my computer's one?

Post by mariah.kuster »

Hi,
I'm trying to have the same notes, links, and highlights on my Gospel Library app and my lds.org on my computer. Is there a way to do that? It's not doing it automatically.

Thanks in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to sync my phone's scriptures notes and highlights to my computer's one?

Post by russellhltn »

You have to be logged in in both the app and on lds.org with the same LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mariah.kuster

Re: How to sync my phone's scriptures notes and highlights to my computer's one?

Post by mariah.kuster »

I am logged in with the same account. Some highlights from the past are in both, but not the most recent ones. I teach using my scriptures on both, so it would be great if it just synced!
stephenfenske

Post by stephenfenske »

I experience the same thing even if I'm logged in my notes and highlights from my phone don't carry over to the computer or vice versa. It would be beyond super helpful for this to be the same on both if logged in. If any comes up with solution please let me know
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

stephenfenske wrote:I experience the same thing even if I'm logged in my notes and highlights from my phone don't carry over to the computer or vice versa. It would be beyond super helpful for this to be the same on both if logged in. If any comes up with solution please let me know
The best thing you can do is give feedback regarding the problem from within the app. That will give the small development team OS details that will let them look into it. If the sync does not complete for some reason, it is possible that part of the sync will be dropped from one end or the other and you will not know about it until you are looking for a note or highlight.

Sundays are typically difficult days for the servers to keep up with the worldwide sync load.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stephenfenske wrote:I experience the same thing even if I'm logged in my notes and highlights from my phone don't carry over to the computer or vice versa. It would be beyond super helpful for this to be the same on both if logged in. If any comes up with solution please let me know
Make sure you're logged into the app using the same church account as you're using on the computer.

If you are, then that suggests your device is not syncing. I'd suggest posting in the appropriate forum for your device (iOS or Android).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dovy

Post by dovy »

So the easiest thing to do by far is just to log out and log back in on the phone. It will force a sync and everything will come over instantly. :)

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”