Notes

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
desleymurphy

Notes

Post by desleymurphy »

All of my scripture notes seem to have disappeared on the lds.org site. I have done extensive notes over the last years. They seem to appear in the Gospel Library version, just not on the lds.org website. How can I get them back?
mevans

Re: Notes

Post by mevans »

Do you just not see your markings and notes when reading talks and scriptures? There's a setting on the pages whether you show or hide your notes. Go to My Account and Ward / Notes and see if any of your markings are there. If you see them in Notes, but not when reading the content, then there's a problem with the study tools not working. They are periodically flaky.

If everything's missing in "Notes," you could try doing a sync with the Gospel Library app. That might cause your notes to upload again. Or it might wipe out all the notes on your app. I guess it depends on which app thinks it has the most current information.

The church is doing some work with the online version of the Notes and Journal. I don't know if that could be affecting things. I can still see my notes.
cathyjeananderson

Post by cathyjeananderson »

I am having the same challenge. I cannot highlight on the web page and there are no notes showing. I can highlight on my tablet, but not on my computer. However, my notes are totally missing.
nathanandrew1

Re: All notes, journal entries, and annotations missing from lds.org account

Post by nathanandrew1 »

Diddo!

I have been keeping a journal, taking notes, and making annotations on lds.org for a few years. I logged in today and all seem to be gone. In addition, I don't see the study bar at the bottom of the page, and I cannot make new annotations, notes, or journal entries. I am using Mac OS X El Capitan (with Safari 9.1.2). All of my notes, entries, and annotations are available on my iPhone (showing 305 journal entries and 6 teaching entries) but not on my Macbook Pro. Any ideas?
mevans

Post by mevans »

For those having problems, please report on the following. I'm not certain from your comments where the notes are missing:

1. Go to lds.org in a web browser.
2. Log in using your LDS Account.
3. From the My Account and Ward menu, go to My Account / Notes
4. The Notes page appears. Please advise if you see your notes on this page, or if it has no note entries.
Orin

Post by Orin »

I have logged in correctly and my Notes page is completely empty. There are no options for creating anything and none of the work I have done. In the scriptures I don't have any of my highlighting. Every bit of the work I have done is now gone. What has happened?
(I have also given this a period of time incase it was a temporary issue.)
My connected scripture app I have on my phone still contains all of my work in Highlighting and Notes...
???
Help!
cathyjeananderson

Post by cathyjeananderson »

I did as was asked and went to My Account/Notes and it brings up a page that has Notes on the left and then it is just blank. I do not have any highlights when I open my scriptures. I cannot highlight or annotate anything from my computer. I too have given it a couple of days and have attempted to utilize the notes and it doesn't come up. I have an Android tablet and the highlights come up and I can create more notes. I just can't do it on my Dell computer.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It's probably best for people with problems to use the "Feedback" link found at the bottom of most pages on lds.org and advise them of your problems.

I , too, have experienced some problems in the last few months (but not having my notes completely disappear). All I know is that some of the Feedback people have told me the church development team has been working on this area. I don't know any specifics other than that.
t22hawk

Post by t22hawk »

Any update on the notes disappearing? Mine are now also gone. On my phone, Samsung S7 it showed 657 unassigned, most were assigned previously. I thought it must be a syncing issue on the phone so I checked online and they were all there. Today I signed out, signed in, then eventually uninstalled and re-installed and they are ALL still unassigned. I jumped back online and on my Notes on LDS.org all notes are showing as unassigned.
Did you ever hear back or figure anything out. I've been using/updating and LOVING the Notes for years.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

t22hawk wrote:Any update on the notes disappearing? Mine are now also gone. On my phone, Samsung S7 it showed 657 unassigned, most were assigned previously. I thought it must be a syncing issue on the phone so I checked online and they were all there. Today I signed out, signed in, then eventually uninstalled and re-installed and they are ALL still unassigned. I jumped back online and on my Notes on LDS.org all notes are showing as unassigned.
Did you ever hear back or figure anything out. I've been using/updating and LOVING the Notes for years.
It's been about a year since the previous posts on this thread – there haven't been a lot of reports of this happening recently. I just sent you a private message.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”