Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
For the past couple of weeks we have not been able to use the listen portion of the scriptures. We have in the past on any number of tablets, computers, and smart TV. I no longer works. Any suggestions?
SandyCrozier wrote:For the past couple of weeks we have not been able to use the listen portion of the scriptures. We have in the past on any number of tablets, computers, and smart TV. I no longer works. Any suggestions?
It works fine for me. It would help if you could supply some details:
- When you say it "no longer works," what do you mean?
- Do you see the Listen button and can you click it?
- Do you get any error messages?
- Does it seem to be playing (the progress gauge advances), but you don't hear anything?
- Do you have a similar problem listening to other audio on LDS.org (such as the recent general conference addresses)? Or does it just affect the scriptures?
- Can you listen to audio on other sites? For example, try Elder Cook's recent talk at BYU.
- What browser are you using?
I can click on the Listen button but nothing happens, Didn't get an error message at all The audio only affects the scriptures and not other audios on LDS.org. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser.
I'm guessing it's because the audio is hosted on a server with http://, but the site itself is https://, tripping the security settings on some browsers. I'd send feedback about it using the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org...
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest