My Notes Does Not Show Highlighted Verse Reference Nor Highlighted Scripture

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: My Notes Does Not Show Highlighted Verse Reference Nor Highlighted Scripture

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:Notes at LDS.org does not yet handle special characters, including "curly" quotes (as opposed to normal quotes). So it does not know how to display them or pass them on. Special characters will save just fine on the device you use to enter them, but will not sync to LDS.org or pass through to other devices because LDS.org does not understand anything except straight ASCII text, at least for now.
Just a small correction: Special characters do sync fine from device to device – even the most complicated characters, like Chinese characters or emoji. The actual back-end database does handle special characters – they may not display correctly in the Notes interface at LDS.org, but they will successfully sync from one device with Gospel Library to another, and display correctly on both ends.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brentb76

Re: My Notes Does Not Show Highlighted Verse Reference Nor Highlighted Scripture

Post by brentb76 »

I am experiencing the same problem. My Notes does not show the verse (or highlighted section). All that displays is the highlighted quote marks. Has anyone heard of a resolution? I am experiencing this on the lds.org website with Chrome and Firefox.
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

Well, this isn't about special characters or formatting. This is a base functionality that has disappeared. There has been in the past a default function where the verses you are tying the notes to are shown in the journal entry. This has stopped and at least for me is a huge problem since the vast majority of my notes are tied to specific verses!
mevans

Post by mevans »

My notes are also missing the link back to the source, which is making it very difficult for me to find anything.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mevans wrote:My notes are also missing the link back to the source, which is making it very difficult for me to find anything.
Something improved! :D I at least have links to the source and titles back today and I was able to find a talk I was studying last week...I had notes from it, but couldn't find the link to it again (and just now I thought of the obvious...why didn't I check my browser history; I probably could have found it there).
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm still seeing strange behaviors. Yesterday I took notes on an Ensign article from 2015. I looked at my notes today and don't see the highlights and the text from my note was turned into a journal entry with no reference to the article. Strange.
grammanita

Post by grammanita »

I'm so unhappy that I cannot figure out my notes (notebook) (study journal) whatever you want to call it. I go to the scriptures and highlight something but there seems to be no way to add a comment or to save it or mark it with highlighting etc. I used to be able to do this. Am I using the wrong browser? or what. Help, this is really leaving me high and dry as far as expanding my study notes.
AD
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I was investigating some differences between what's showing in Gospel Library and the web this morning (I have some notes I made on the web that weren't showing up in Gospel Library). In doing so I noticed the same that others reported here, the notes didn't have a link back to the source and the highlight appeared empty. As I was troubleshooting/comparing I found that everything looked great in Firefox, it was only in Chrome that the text and links were missing. So if you're seeing the same thing, maybe try another browser. (I found the same thing both on my mac & PC, Firefox worked, Chrome didn't)
alicejensen

Post by alicejensen »

It's now 2019 and the problem still exists in Chrome and Safari, but not in Firefox. Can't stand Firefox!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”