Transfering notes across accounts

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
meagenbm

Transfering notes across accounts

Postby meagenbm » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 am

I have been using my husband's account for my notes on the scriptures, mostly via the Gospel Library app. (When I first started using it, I couldn't remember my password but he could remember his, so I started using his.)

I want to start using my own account for notes but can't figure out how to transfer my existing notes from his account to mine. Is there a way to do that?

sbradshaw

Re: Transfering notes across accounts

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm

This is possible if you have Gospel Library for Android (not possible in iOS).
On Gospel Library for Android:
1. Sign out of your husband's account and choose the "Keep" option to keep the annotations on the device.
2. Sign in as yourself and choose the "Keep" option to merge the annotations on your device into the newly signed-in account.
3. After making sure that everything transferred correctly and is synced (for example, log on to LDS.org with your own account and make sure your annotations show up there), you can remove all of your notes from your husband's account. Unfortunately, deleting has to be done manually, one note/annotation at a time.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”