Unable to download notes and highlights

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
austindressman

Unable to download notes and highlights

Postby austindressman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 am

I am unable to download all of my notes and highlights from LDS.org (https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders?lang=eng#d). The page just loads and loads and then comes back saying the connection timed out. I really need to save a hard copy of these. Is there any way to get any help with this?

sbradshaw

Re: Unable to download notes and highlights

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:37 am

Have you tried on a different browser/computer or a different internet connection? Maybe that would work. Maybe it's a browser setting, such as Javascript being disabled or a privacy/cookies setting that's causing the error. It's also possible that there were temporary server problems on the Church's end when you tried to access your annotations, that could be fixed by now.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mevans

Postby mevans » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:55 pm

How are you trying to download them? I'm not aware of an option to download from the page. As far as I can see, I can only view, not download.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm

There's a little dropdown arrow next to "Unassigned Items" and any notebooks under the Notebooks heading, on the left panel, that gives you an option to download.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

austindressman

Postby austindressman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:05 am

I just got a message from an LDS tech volunteer who says the Study Tools are currently undergoing major revisions. So I might just have to hold tight for a while before attempting to download again. I just hope I can download all my study journal entries as a backup some time soon.

mevans

Postby mevans » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

austindressman wrote:I just got a message from an LDS tech volunteer who says the Study Tools are currently undergoing major revisions. So I might just have to hold tight for a while before attempting to download again. I just hope I can download all my study journal entries as a backup some time soon.

That's exciting to hear! We've heard rumor they were going to do something; I'm glad to hear it's "in progress".

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”