Improve NOTES feature on lds.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
scottrileyjones

Improve NOTES feature on lds.org

Post by scottrileyjones »

The digitization of gospel literature and its mobile access via the Gospel Library has revolutionized the Church. What has become particularly groundbreaking for me and not quite as universal is the ability to personalize and annotate gospel content by way of marking, tagging and adding notes to gospel literature. When compared to industry standard UI, the mobile app is world class and incredibly helpful.

What I believe needs improvement is the browser based lds.org functionality of these features. In particular, the “Notes” feature is very complicated to navigate. The extensive vertical scrolling through the list of tags, links not opening in a new tab, no option to print content by tag etc. In a world of Evernote and OneNote I wonder if it is a priority of the LDS Tech to make some improvements here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
mevans

Re: Improve NOTES feature on lds.org

Post by mevans »

I suggest submitting your comments through the Feedback link. I recently received a survey about Gospel Library, so apparently they're thinking about things. One thing I'd really like to see is a seamless interface between Gospel Library and the web site. I think it would help members better understand what's going on. Also, the UI of the web version of Notes is not too user friendly.
scottrileyjones

Re: Improve NOTES feature on lds.org

Post by scottrileyjones »

Thanks for the comment. I will definitely do that.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”