Study notebook not visible on Desktop?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
tbarron97

Study notebook not visible on Desktop?

Post by tbarron97 »

I can't seem to access the study tools on my desktop.
I am using Chrome.
I'm logged in.
I'm looking at scriptures.
I see no black toolbar at the bottom with the ability to add highlights or notes.

The help is not helpful. It just says "The toolbar appears only when you're viewing scriptures, conference talks, magazine articles, or lessons."

What should the user do when he is viewing scriptures but the toolbar still doesn't appear?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Study notebook not visible on Desktop?

Post by aebrown »

tbarron97 wrote:I can't seem to access the study tools on my desktop.
I am using Chrome.
I'm logged in.
I'm looking at scriptures.
I see no black toolbar at the bottom with the ability to add highlights or notes.

The help is not helpful. It just says "The toolbar appears only when you're viewing scriptures, conference talks, magazine articles, or lessons."

What should the user do when he is viewing scriptures but the toolbar still doesn't appear?
A couple of other essential factors for having the toolbar appear:
  • You need to make sure your language is English (the study toolbar is not currently available in other languages)
  • Make sure you are down in an actual chapter of scripture. If you are out at the book level (for example, Alma), then there will be no toolbar.
  • The toolbar can also be minimized (see screenshot below). If so, you need to click on the minimized icon to make the toolbar reappear.
If all those conditions are satisfied, and you still don't see the toolbar, perhaps you can share the URL (by copying and pasting from your browser's address bar) with us and that might give some clues.
Attachments
toolbar.png
(40.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tbarron97

Post by tbarron97 »

I think it was the language thing. I had played with it so I could copy and paste a scripture in Portuguese for my missionary daughter. It looks like it was halfway changed back.

Could we add this to the Help or Frequently Asked Questions, so others can find this answer?
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Online Notes is only available in English, currently.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”