Printing lessons with notes and tags

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
rondabrowning

Printing lessons with notes and tags

Postby rondabrowning » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

As I highlight items discussed in our Sunday meetings, it would be nice to be able to print the lesson or talk with the notes and tags that I have made along the way of the discussion. Is this an option? I can print my highlights, but the notes I have made with the highlights will not print. Anyone been able to make this happen?

mevans

Re: Printing lessons with notes and tags

Postby mevans » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:43 pm

I'm not aware of a way to do this from the article. You can print notes from the notebook, but that's not quite what you're looking for.

chriswoodut

Postby chriswoodut » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:56 pm

For preparing to teach my Sunday School lesson, I highlight a talk with different colors. However, I can't find a way to print the talk with the color highlights. I always lose them when going to print which makes it frustrating when I want to use the lesson to teach. I usually end up printing it and then taking a pen and marking the areas I want to focus on. Ugh.

Any ideas on how to print a conference talk with my highlights?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:05 pm

It doesn't look like it's possible currently – you could send feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of the conference talk page to route your feedback to the developers!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lmcguire

Postby lmcguire » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 pm

I don't get it. I'm on a General Conference talk right now in this web browser. I have highlights in said conference talk. I hit the print icon at the upper right of the talk (which seems identical to the browser's print button), and I print the talk and the talk includes my highlights, in color. What am I missing? (Using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox.)

Liz

lmcguire

Postby lmcguire » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Ooooh. Browsers have a print setting (File > Page Setup in Firefox and Internet Exploder) which let you say whether or not to print background colors and images - you must check this box and _then_ your highlights will print.

Liz

chriswoodut

Postby chriswoodut » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Liz got it. She's right. In Chrome, if you click "more settings" in the print preview you can select "Background graphics" and then the highlights show up.

You win, 2 extra points for you.

PamelaBonta

Postby PamelaBonta » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

You are BRILLIANT! We have been looking for a way to do this!

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:57 pm

It's possible for a web site to force the browser to print background colors, at least for some browsers:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6670 ... ges-in-css
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”