Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mlz01

Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Postby mlz01 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 am

I have been having a lot of trouble with the online notes and journal. I have tried different computers and different browsers and have the same problem on each. This has been going on for months. I will click on a note in the unassigned notebook so I can edit it and move it where I want it, and it takes several times to get it to work if at all. It does one of several things--usually it will open then close really quickly before I have a chance to do anything. It will do this several times over and over. When I can get it to open and stay open, it will let me type notes and click which notebook I want, add tags etc, then when I click save, either nothing happens and it won't let me click save, or it lets me click it and a circle keeps spinning but it never stops or saves. Every now and then it will actually perform the way it should and save. It is getting very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

buffy65

Re: Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Postby buffy65 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 am

I have been having the same issue. I need help as well. I need this option to complete my homework, yet I don't know how to fix it. PLEASE if anyone knows how to fix this issue, I would some help.

mlz01

Postby mlz01 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:58 pm

It's also not letting me delete them now either. It absolutely will not let me save a note that has a link associated with it. The other notes without links I can get to save after several tries but not if it has a link. It's getting frustrating. I have had different problems in the past with things not working and within a few weeks it would start working. But, this issue has been going on several months now and it's making things difficult.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:43 pm

LDS.org doesn't support adding study tool links (only Gospel Library), so that's probably the reason it doesn't support saving updates to notes with links either. Hopefully LDS.org will support study tool links in a future update.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mlz01

Postby mlz01 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:10 am

I have been able to reassign notes with links before online with no problem. I've been doing it since the links became available on the droid app. But a couple of months ago I started having problems with them and everything else. So, I don't know what's going on. ??????

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”