Footnotes able to be displayed fully on online scriptures?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
michaeledwardbyrd

Footnotes able to be displayed fully on online scriptures?

Postby michaeledwardbyrd » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:54 am

On feature that I love about the mobile LDS Library app is the ability to see the footnotes as you scroll and read through a scripture block. This allows me to make connections and view past notes that I've made without any extra clicks. However, on my online scriptures on lds.org, I have to click on each blue hyperlink individually to see the footnotes. Is there a way to view the footnotes (along with my own personal notes) side-by-side with the scriptures on lds.org as is possible on the lds library app?

mevans

Re: Footnotes able to be displayed fully on online scripture

Postby mevans » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

I am not aware of a convenient way to do this online, which is where I do all of my study. I know there are some differences in how LDS Library presents things compared to online.

We've heard talk of updates coming to Notes, but that's not the actual content you're reading (and there's no timeline for the update...it could be years away). Hopefully they will enhance the online versions at some point so they work better with the mobile LDS Library.

Use the Feedback link at the bottom of most pages on LDS.org (to the right of the world map) to submit your thoughts on this. We're primarily a user-to-user forum. By sending Feedback your requests are routed to those people at the church who make decisions.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”