Can I create a URL to part of a video on LDS.org in fulscren

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
gwquinlan

Can I create a URL to part of a video on LDS.org in fulscren

Post by gwquinlan »

I'm putting together a Priesthood Lesson ....
I've been looking for a way to create a web URL to an LDS.org conference talk that I can embed in a Google Slides (or power point) presentation that will bring up video of a selected portion (6:30-8:20) of the talk in full-screen mode. I know how YouTube handles this type of linking, but can't get anything to work at LDS.org.
Is there a way to create a URL to do this? Is anyone at LDS.org working on adding this capability in the near future?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can I create a URL to part of a video on LDS.org in fuls

Post by sbradshaw »

This isn't currently possible on LDS.org videos; only on videos at YouTube.com. It would be helpful in some contexts, but since it's possible to do this on YouTube I don't think there's much incentive for them to add the functionality on LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Further, you really don't want to rely on building internet being available and fast enough during that time. Better would be to download the video (often do-able even when there's no download link), then edit the video to clip out the bits you don't want, and embed the edited video file (now on the same computer as will show the presentation) into the presentation.

If you need help doing that, please post the URL for the page where the video lives.

Liz
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

[quote="lmcguire"]Further, you really don't want to rely on building internet being available and fast enough during that time. Better would be to download the video (often do-able even when there's no download link), then edit the video to clip out the bits you don't want, and embed the edited video file (now on the same computer as will show the presentation) into the presentation.[/quote]
This would be the best method. There is something new, however, for some of the videos in the LDS.org Media Library (https://www.lds.org/media-library/video), including some of the more recent General Conference talks. It may work for what you are trying to do, but it may not... you'll have to experiment with it.

Read about it here: http://ldsmediatalk.com/2015/06/04/inte ... a-library/.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”